"Flow"

http://intihuatani.usc.edu/cloud/flowing/

Really nice mellow game. Haven't worked out how to best use dwell clicking
to speed your character up. Any suggestions for ways to fairly quickly lock
the left mouse click on and off? Thinking of head tracker users unable to
use any other switching method.

Really pleased to get SMART NAV working with Track Mapper. Just been playing
MAME Galaxian by turning my head from side to side and using a button to
fire. Slowing the game down helps a bundle.

Best wishes,

Barrie
www.OneSwitch.org.uk
www.igda.org/accessibility"
OneSwitch.org.uk

Re: Totally hands-free game list

Post by OneSwitch.org.uk »

quote:Originally posted by Dolphin Cat:
n64 emulator with smartnav.

I played a game called star fox on project 64 emulator using only a one button switch and the smartnav.
Most emulators work very nicely with the Track-IR or SMART Nav with the right software installed. I've been playing Galaxian on MAME, Super Mario Kart on a SNES Emulator (www.snes9x.com) and quite a few one switch games (www.oneswitch.org.uk) in this way.

Another thing that can really help is to use a "CPU Killer" which can slow down some games to a more comfortable speed. You may need to tinker with emulators (techie bit: turn off frame skipping), but it's really worth the effort to be able to play some great old games.

www.cpukiller.com - free trial version
www.oneswitch.org.uk/4/games/MAME.htm - how to slow down many MAME games.

Barrie
www.OneSwitch.org.uk
finchygf1

Post by finchygf1 »

Hi all, At the moment I use a Tracker 2000 head mouse with 2 foot switchs is there a way to turn mouse movement in to joystick movement, I would love to play emulator games what will I need to play. What controls will the TrackIR cover or is it just to look around. How would I set it up to play FPS with no hands just 2 foot switchs How would I walk/run in the direction I need to go and shoot also look around at the same time, How good must you voice be to use GC or Shoot voice program?
So if I have TrackIR 2 switchs and a voice program I can play most or all games listed by the TrackIR and play some MAME games to.

Cheers

Glen.
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Hi there, it looks like this post was overlooked. Apologies.

To answer you question, I don't believe we offer anything that will work with your T2000. And our TrackIR product line is not the same kind of device. TrackIR is purely designed to be used as it's own game controller (separate from mouse, joystick, and keyboard).

That said, there are emulators Located here that will let you turn your TrackIR into an emulator of joystick, mouse, or keyboard function. but i don't believe any of these let you do more than one task at a time.

If you want to use mouse clicking pedals, it would probably be best to investigate our SmartNAV product line (since it will let you plug footswitchs directly into it). Or you might be able to buy a USB dualfootswitch for clicking, and use TrackIR with one of the emulators.

There are tons of possible combinations, but we haven't sorted out an ideal approach (and aren't likely to at the moment, since so many approaches rely on third party software).

I would suggest talking to someone who's already done what you're trying to achieve. Our friend Bobby G for example, manages to completely control counterstrike through voice and sipNpuff and smartnav usage. you can see a video of his setup and gameplay using SmartNAV here (his is the first one, titled "SmartNAV accessible gaming")

I hope this all helps. if you have more questions, please let me know

Note that
OneSwitch.org.uk

Post by OneSwitch.org.uk »

Some more useful gaming links for hands-free head-tracker gaming:

Game-Accessibility.com forum:
http://www.game-accessibility.com/forum ... php?pid=74

Natural Points page:
http://www.naturalpoint.com/smartnav/pr ... aming.html

OneSwitch.org.uk Blog "Head Tracker Games" entries:
http://switchgaming.blogspot.com/search ... 20trackers
kalorvoe

Post by kalorvoe »

I'm currently playing Neverwinter Nights totally hands free. I use voice buddy for virtually everything (inventory, maps, dialogs, f keys, etc) and control the cursor with a logitech marble mouse and my feet (my Smartnav is on its way though).
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=danova]I understand most users seem to use this product to enhance their gameplaying enjoyment in flight simulators. However, there are a great many of us who have disabilities and cannot use our hands well, if at all. [/quote]
Actually, the game-specific product is TrackIR, which enables full 6 DOF tracking in games like FSX, but does not extend head tracking to the desktop environment. SmartNav 4 can be used in games that otherwise require a mouse, but it can also function as a 6 DOF head tracker like TrackIR when used with the TrackClip accessory. And, of course, it is primarily designed to be a mouse replacement for navigating the entire PC environment.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack