Key Mapping in games

flipside168

Key Mapping in games

Post by flipside168 »

Hi,
I've seen a few posts concerning FPS games and I've a couple of questions please......

In games like Quake, keys can be assigned to strafe or look left / right etc. can this be done using the trackIR?

If the game engine allows look up / down / left / right can these be mapped using this?
I haven't got use of my left hand so playing FPS would require at least some of these functions.

I've seen UseYourHead which seems to use a similar premise of head movement = key strokes, although the reviews I've found aren't very favourable and I'm looking to buy something that works, has support and can be used in the fps arena.

As you can guess, I've just found this page and I'd be overjoyed to be able to get back playing fps games...

Many thanks,

Phil.
Halstead York

Re: Key Mapping in games

Post by Halstead York »

We do not offer a movement > keymapping solution at this time due to the difficulty of getting it to work with any accuracy. However the trackIR does offer an autopanning mode that makes it work quite well with a number of FPS games. I personally recommend it for games like Rainbow Six or other tactical FPS titles (as opposed to 'twitch' games like Quake).

[ August 27, 2003, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: Halstead York ]
Nimits

Re: Key Mapping in games

Post by Nimits »

I await the reintroduction of keymapping, so I can use TrackIR with CFS2 and WWIIOL.