Keymapping for TiR again!!! :)

dazed

Keymapping for TiR again!!! :)

Post by dazed »

Lo again!

Some of you might like to know that by using TiR2Joy proggy, Joy2key keymapper and PPJoy virtual joystick port we have a basic TiR to key mapping function again, only this works as it should, key presses kept down unlike the original mapper that was once included in the TiR software. I have tried it in Operation Flashpoint to look left and right (KP 1 + 3) while running forward in a straight line and it works with no problems. Leaning around corners in Soldier of Fortune works also as well as running forwards and backwards if you wanted to by tilting head F/B.

Links to what you need.

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA016823 ... glish.html
http://www.dikant.de/downloads/tir2joy.zip
http://www.geocities.com/deonvdw/PPJoy.htm

Have fun

dazed

P.S. Thanks Ryo Ohkubo, Peter Dikant and Deon van der Westhuysen....cheers!!!
dazed

Re: Keymapping for TiR again!!! :)

Post by dazed »

Lo!

So you have it working except for this problem?

It should center on its own? When i press the keypad key (not using TiR) and release in OFP it goes back to looking ahead. This should also happen when using TiR to send the keypress then moving head back to center making JoyToKey release the key. Set a nice big deadzone in TiR software in enhanced mode (and 10% in JoyToKey for good luck) and then when in the game press F12 to center TiR before you set off on a mission. I stopped using TiR mapped to the look up/down keys in OFP because things got confusing. Try it ans see for yourself! Map up and down to something else like going prone and standing up

Just in case you missed it check this thread, 13th post down if you need more info that might help.

http://forums.naturalpoint.com/cgi-bin/ ... 2;t=000035
Dubble0zero

Post by Dubble0zero »

Great, thanks for that tip.
I can finally use the TIR for OFP...

By the way, is there any way to configure it so it centers when I look forward? (in OFP)

[ December 17, 2003, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Dubble0zero ]
Dubble0zero

Post by Dubble0zero »

Yes, it's working...

It was the deadzone that was the problem...
Now it works...
Thanks for the help...

[edit]
Now I found it, if you play with a joystick (driving or flying), it doesn't certer the view... but I think that's something in OFP... [/edit]

[ December 18, 2003, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Dubble0zero ]
booty

Post by booty »

This looks promising but I would really love it if you could give some pointers to get me going here.

This is what I've done:
Installed the three packages (PPJoy, Tir2Joy and Joy2Key) and, apparently, it works. I have calibrated the virtual joystick and Joy2Key is typing stuff when I move my head.

Now, how do I go about mapping this thing so as to use it for viewing in apps that doesn't support mouselook (or Tir2 enhanced mode)? I assumed there must be a way to map the two axes of the new virtual joystick and thus have it send keys to the application. It was very easy to map 4 different keys (UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT) but for most such apps I also need UP/FRONT, UP/FRONT/LEFT, UP/LEFT and so on.

Is that possible and, if so, how?

Regards
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Dazed,

Any idea on how I can get ahold of the programmers for this utillity?

Thanks.
dazed

Post by dazed »

@charlie
If you mean the author of JoyToKey look in the About box under help. His email address is there. I dont want to type it here in case a spam bot or sommat picks it up

@booty
I went to look at the options in JoyToKey, because i remember an option in it that might do something to give more than 4 keys.......it did! Look in the 'Others' side tab, there is an option to allow 'Handle diagonal input as special case'. Tick that. Now when you go back to the 'Joysticks' side tab you will see extra options.....

UP-RIGHT
UP-LEFT
DN-LEFT
DN-RIGHT

use them to bind your diagonals. Tested in notepad only so far but works. For example i can now get 8 keys using TiR....

QWE
A#D
ZXC

That any use to you? Still cant think of a way to center a view if needed tho :/ If i do ill let you know. If Charlie can get hold of him mbee he can request an option where a center key could be bound, and pressed while in the deadzone of JoyToKey?

[ January 02, 2004, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: dazed ]
Samuli

Post by Samuli »

The 3rd link is not working anymore... can someone point me to PPjoy? I assume that this is also needed to get stuff working?
dazed

Post by dazed »

The ppjoy link is back now, but just in case it vanishes again i have uploaded it to here for a while.

http://www.baptistsq.freeserve.co.uk/tir/PPJoySetup.zip
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

I dont have or run the program so I cant look in the about box.

If youd like, hit the website below in my sig and you can find my email from there and send it that way if you want to exert the energy doing it.