X-Plane

Charlie251

X-Plane

Post by Charlie251 »

Some say it is better than FS2004. The FAA is actually certifying real life simulators using it because it is that realistic.

www.x-plane.org

A C++ programmer can use the SDK and make a plugin to allow TrackIR support.

Will NP take this task on or any advanced C++ programmer out there that will?
dazed

Re: X-Plane

Post by dazed »

X-Plane is great fun! Plane physics in the air and on the ground feel great, if not the best out there! Also the ability to mess around with Helicopters, Rockets, VTOL's , Airships and other weird creations helps.

I hope it gets proper 3D cockpit and TiR support in the future.....pleeeaaassseeee!!
Combathanger

Post by Combathanger »

Xplane has so many great features and us very well done. However, in its current state (and its been this way for 5 years that Im aware of). You CAN NOT look up. Its left and right only. Pretty interesting oversight, especially when you consider that it has a great 3d engine for external views.

Ive asked for info on this being addressed, but its apparently not a priority.
ijonesfr

Post by ijonesfr »

Hello Guys,

The GoodWay Team (creator of the best tools on Xplane) and specially Manu have handled this development to have a virtual cockpit inside XPlane.
A nice partnership with NaturalPoint and also the TrackIR quality has convaince us to use TrackIR inside the futur Virtual Cockpit for XPlane v7.

I can't give more information for now. I can just say this plugin will ensure a perfect 360 3D Cockpit inside Xplane and also will FULLY use the TrackIR.

I will deliver more information and pictures very soon on this site.

The best flight sim and the Best hardware will working together very soon.

Cheers,
Stef

[ February 04, 2004, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: GoodWay Team Leader ]