Battlefield Vietnam

Precog

Battlefield Vietnam

Post by Precog »

As this game promises to be HUGE... will trackir support be included in this game when flying the helicopters and planes?

Im sure it would be a great way for naturalpoint to expand their market!!

[ January 14, 2004, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Precog ]
Jim

Re: Battlefield Vietnam

Post by Jim »

Great point! We are trying hard for this, no promises for sure.
BS_ABOMB

Post by BS_ABOMB »

Not sure how much more BF would have to or Natural Point for that matter. I have been preparing a review for IR2 for our site later this month and so far all the testing we have done on BF 1942 has been flawless we have had no problems with Trackir in BF RTR, Secret Weapons, Vietnam, and I ran it on the interstate mod HOLY CRAP and last but not least my favorite Desert Combat. I set my Trackir up just like the manual said with a standard profile (and the standard fps speed settings) then once in the game each category has a mouse sensitivity, adjust the mouse speed to what you feel comfortable with ,it took me about 20 minutes to go in and out and get all 4 set to the way I liked it, but the time is worth it:

These settings are in the Game under options : )

Infantry Mouse setting sensitivity.
Armor Mouse Setting sensitivity.
Common mouse setting sensitivity
Air Mouse Sensitivity **DONT FORGET TO INVERT THIS ONE** and also map Toggle mouse look to your stick.
Hope the info helps,
*BS*ABOMB*ESI*

[ January 23, 2004, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: *BS*ABOMB*ES* ]
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

This is really great feedback. Thanks for taking the time to really try out your TrackIR2. We are very interested in expanding our Games reference page on our new web site. Perhaps we can all vote on some new games to add to the site, then upload some videos of it in action.

Let us know when you post your review!
drawninward

Post by drawninward »

I just bought a trackIR2 and I love it with Lock on. I was wondering if there's any way to get it to work for the cockpit view in BF 1942. Currently you hold shift and when you move the stick, your head moves, but the drawback is you can't make any control inputs till you let it go. If there was some way to permantly set trackIR to view while keeping the stick free to fly the plane, that would be awesome. Does anyone know if a patch for this exists or is in the works?
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

This is a good question. We don't have TrackIR Enhanced support in the game so if you use us in Mouse Emulation mode, we will do exactly what the mouse does. We are trying to get someone to notice us at EA or Digital Illusions. We would make the viewing function ROCK!
Jazz-Man

Post by Jazz-Man »

Question - Can we use TrackIR with BF Vietnam just to control our head movement in cockpit? Because the ability to use the "mouse look" button in BF Vietnam is a nice feature, but a horrible application. Having to hold down the shift button and move the mouse to look around means you essentially cannot control the aircraft anymore...

Which is very disappointing. So, I'm hoping that in enhanced mode TrackIR would only control the FoV, and not roll me over like the mouse does
Jazz-Man

Post by Jazz-Man »

Roger that Mr. Richardson

As a combat flight sim fanatic, and lover of TrackIR as its been used in Lock-On Modern Air Combat and Il-2 Forgotten Battles I feel quite restricted flying the Helos and Jets in Battlefield Vietnam because I cannot look around.

Its pretty hard to land a helo when you can't see the ground directly beneath you unless I take my hand off the stick... bad idea
Anyway, thank you for your response.
drawninward

Post by drawninward »

I just bought BFV and flying in it was tricky to get used to, because I'd been playing lock on constantly prior with trackir2. I keep trying to look around with my head haha. The mouseview toggle button is really irritating. That would be awesome if EA and trackIR collaborated to get something to work, because this would open trackir to a huge portion of the market.
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Trouble is with BF Vietnam and all the BF series of games is once you hold down the L Shift key to pan your view with the mouse or Track IR using mouse emulation (BTW works great in BF VN) you cant control the plane/heli you are flying untill you let go of the L Shift.

They really need to have a option in there game where you can look around and fly at the same time if you dont use the mouse for Heli/Plane control or better still have enhanced mode in the game.

Untill they sort out that control promblem we are stuffed.