XCockpit News (XPlane 3D Cockpit TrackIR)

ijonesfr

XCockpit News (XPlane 3D Cockpit TrackIR)

Post by ijonesfr »

Hello All,

We have released one video of XCockpit (the Xplane 3D Cockpit) with the Robin DR400-120.

The both comming soon

See the AVI Video (22Mb) make with TrackIR

Cheers,
Stef
Wayne

Re: XCockpit News (XPlane 3D Cockpit TrackIR)

Post by Wayne »

Stef,

The video looks great, I am looking forward to this release. Great work guys!
ijonesfr

Post by ijonesfr »

Thanks a lot for your comments.

I would like to underline the PlugIn is from one main guy named Emmanuel AIRAULT (From GoodWay Team).

We are very proud of the result. It is very impressive and if you think it will be free, customizable, open, ...., that is no more word to add

Cheers,
Stef
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Wow very cool, this has perked my intrest in Xplane a bit more, is this a addon to xplane or will the planes that come with Xplane or as addons get to have 3D pits now. Please mind that im dont know the first thing about Xplane and so far as Civ sims go only have run FS2004 as I can fly in NZ with the 150 NZ tearrain mesh that it has for it.

Tell me more or maybe some links would be great.
ijonesfr

Post by ijonesfr »

Hello,

The first plane with this plugin will be a DR400-120 (my real trainee aircraft), a french light aircraft. A public beta will be ready soon, so be patient.

Other aircraft are in contruction. But, if the aircraft is not make to have 3D cockpit, no 3D cockpit (a bit like FSv2000 to 2002).

Some specifications:
- Plugin will be free.
- It will be able on Mac and PC.
- You can create your own 3D cockpit with a 3D modeler, or convert some flight simulator cockpits.
- View can be moved by key, mouse joystick buttons, or TrackIR2 Device!!! (really cool!!!)
- Cockpit can have somes instruments.

I'm using also FS sometime. but from I'm a real trainee pilot, I'm flying ONLY with XPlane the DR400-120 I've reproduce with French List. This aircraft reproduce more then 95% of the real aircraft.
Just to take you one idea of this aircraft quality and XPlane reallity, I can do all in the real aircraft (with instrutor with me but touch nothing) with just 3 flight lecon hours. Yes, you read well. Takeof, flight approach and landing.
I'm using FS2004 to learn voice procedure because XPlane is not yet very nice for ATC (that will come).
My instructor has been very impressed of the progress I've done. But, I've XPlane and my DR400-120 to fly at home (do not reply to my instructor,it is us secret ).

Thanks XPlane

Cheers,
Stef

[ April 17, 2004, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: GoodWay Team Leader ]