New game supporting Track IR...WWIIOL

Hotdognz

Re: New game supporting Track IR...WWIIOL

Post by Hotdognz »

Has only happened to me offline.

I cant get online no one at Palynet will answer my emails regarding my account and me wanting to play again.

Im still paying them by my credit card but cant play as I lost the key I brought and my user info wish they would answer me so i could now go online and play, poor show by them though.
siruotoko

Post by siruotoko »

Thx Wayne for replying.

Having same effect on On-line and Offline.
This seems to be came from the filterling code in the WW2OL mouselook feature , just like "Mouse smoothing filter" as the other games have as a selective option( mostly Frist person shooters ). It works good with low-update rate devices as like old time serial(RS232C) mice, but its not necessary to high update rate devices as like USB mice / TrackIR ( USB mice have 125/sec of rate, TIR have 60-80-100-120 /sec rate as you know , its actually same or faster than typical refresh rates of pc games. ). On these device, the filterling code brings only the delay of input , no presenting smoother movement.
So the filtering code should be a "selective option" that could be turned off, or should just simply be removed from the code. Thats my thought.

Its a bit difficult to explain because of my lacking english knowledge/skill. I'm sorry if you having trouble to understand my writing well.

Thanks.

[ June 04, 2004, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Kafuji ]
Pruitt

Post by Pruitt »

Anyone using the TrackIR when playing Infantry? How do you like the implementation there? Just curious. Heh heh...
redmenace

Post by redmenace »

hotdognz try the support forums or the off topic forums. They are more responsive to the forums then they are to e-mail in my experiance.
redmenace

Post by redmenace »

I use it while playing infantry. It's pretty good, but It would be better if it had a slightly larger range of motion on the head.
Pruitt

Post by Pruitt »

quote:Originally posted by rdmenace:
I use it while playing infantry. It's pretty good, but It would be better if it had a slightly larger range of motion on the head.Yeah, I want to start a civilized campaign asking the Rats to revisit the Infantry views. Now that there is Mouse Look and TrackIR support in teh game, I can see no reason to limit Infantry views from virtual shoulder to virtual shoulder, instead of like all other avatars which allow you to look back over your virtual shoulder.

This restriction causes TrackIR to seem to slow down when using it with infantry under the same profile used for all other avatars. Ths could be why some people I've seen post on the WWIIOL forums about TrackIR and Infantrymen to not like it.

I've been able to adjust, but it is not the same. For the time being I may create a separate profile for Infantry use and just alt-tab from the game and load it when I play inf. It's a pain, but until the Rats do something to change the views, I can't think of another way around it.

Here's the Thread I've started on the WWIIOL Barracks Forums. It would be good to have other TrackIR users voice their feelings there too. I only ask that you try to be civil. Heh heh...

http://discussions.playnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=84682

Have Fun!

[ June 22, 2004, 05:54 AM: Message edited by: Pruitt ]
Pruitt

Post by Pruitt »

Well, the Head Rat answered my post on this and it seems he's not interested in bring the Infantry game up to speed with all the other avatars in the game. Very sad. So I guess TrackIR will not be as good for infantry use as it is with other avatars unless you're willing to constantly alt-tab out of the game and change your profile back and forth. Personally I think it's a bad business decision on his part, but given CRS's history, it's not neccesarily surprising. lol