Microsoft Flight

spiffy

Microsoft Flight

Post by spiffy »

This might be the stupidest question in the world, but will the new Microsoft Flight game include TrackIR support? It seems geared for beginners, but it does seem like they have 3d cockpits... so...
Seth Steiling

Re: Microsoft Flight

Post by Seth Steiling »

They have our SDK, and they've expressed a desire and intention to integrate TrackIR. But until it's released we can't say for sure. If want to get involved, I'd recommend emailing the Flight team directly to ask for an update and make your request known to them.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
spiffy

Post by spiffy »

Cool, thanks.
Marklar

Post by Marklar »

Hi everybody,

The game was released yesterday but trackir does not work with this title. Hope they will release update very soon.
RCAF6GSpud

Post by RCAF6GSpud »

I've emailed MS just now to tell them that not having support for TrackIR is a show stopper for me. I hope more people write to them.
DarkMellie

Post by DarkMellie »

What email did you use Mike? Seems crazy to release a flight sim without TrackIR support, I'd definitely like to make my voice heard.
Yammo

Post by Yammo »

The release of Microsoft Flight rivals Cliffs of Dover and Duke Nuke'em in the league of Botched Releases.

Installed...
...realized it didn't support TIR.
...uninstalled.
RCAF6GSpud

Post by RCAF6GSpud »

I wrote to msflight@microsoft.com (I got the address through the "Contact Us" link on Flight's webpage).
RCAF6GSpud

Post by RCAF6GSpud »

I gave Flight one more try last night, using the hat switch to pan around, and it was ... still awful! Once you've used TIR, there's no going back.
I hope MS don't do the same as RSC with their Railworks train simulator - RSC practically refuse to acknowledge that TIR even exists.
frenchsimmer

Post by frenchsimmer »

Hello,

any reply from Microsoft Flight Team?

I sent too an email today...

Regards.