Post by RCAF6GSpud »

Hi,

Nothing so far.

Regards
Mike
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Microsoft Flight

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Unfortunately, at the moment there is no official word on when this will be done.
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

Hello. I joined up here specifically to post my feelings as well plus that I will also email Microsoft. I got my TrackIR 5 only a few weeks ago and LOVE it with FSX and am very disappointed MS didn't start this support with the release of Flight. Their support of TrackIR may be the ONLY reason I pay them anymore money for the game content. Just to buy the rest of the Hawaiian Islands, the Maule, and the P-51 will set you back almost $43! FOR ONE STATE!!! Incredible.....[sarcasm]
hma

Post by hma »

IMHO, M$ will bring an interface to the "Kinect". So have your $$$'s ready.

Hugo

PS. A man asked M$ : "Is there a God?", M$ answered: "Now there is!" in analogy to a picture where one computer highjacked the network of all computers.
jerrygiffin

Post by jerrygiffin »

lol...i bought the islands..in hopes that i might be able to get autopilot for my aircraft..nope...no autopilot.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

We, too, are disappointed that TrackIR was not supported in the initial release of MS Flight. The developers have our SDK, as well as our full support, so at this point the decision to implement is theirs to make. They have expressed a desire to implement TrackIR, as well as other third-party devices, in a future update. We have not received a timeline for when this update will happen.

In the interim, we encourage all TrackIR users that desire support in Flight to contact their development team and make your desires known. We can (and do) communicate to them that TrackIR is an essential devices for many flight simmers, but if that message isn't backed up by the flight sim community itself, it will not be as powerful.
YoYo

Post by YoYo »

Maybe they want too do KINNECT for MS Flight? Poor MS ! #@@%%^&$$ !
RCAF6GSpud

Post by RCAF6GSpud »

I've given up using Flight. I won't pay for any add-ons until it works with TIR. In the meantime, I'll just stick to FS9, DCS Black Shark, Rise of Flight, and all the other serious flight sims who's developers implemented TIR support. Apart from CFS1 (remember that?), Flight is the only one I know of that hasn't!!
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

I have downloaded and been running Flight for the last few days, and am having some serious fun with it. But not having native Track IR support will be a deal breaker for me, if MS wants any more of my money for future DLC, it will first have to include Track IR support.
As NP Mike already stated, please everyone that has a Track IR, email the Flight support team and state your desire to have Track IR support implemented into Flight - in a courteous professional way of course...
Once again you can contact them here:
msflight@microsoft.com

I sent my email two days ago...
Fuby

Post by Fuby »

Well, you can look at this as a double edge blade..
NaturalPoint still does not have "official" Microsoft drivers after all these years. Which becomes a pain in the butt when installing.

I like and use TrackIR.. but I paid my way into it. In fact, my first TrackIR 5 went out 1 month after warranty and no cut in price for a second was offered.. just an email saying.."sorry champ" buy another at full price.. which i eventually did a year later..

So, I think MS screwed up by not offering it as an option.. although the future may hold other technology we have yet to see released..

Oh, before you say I am "Against" NP... look here at my review of FLIGHT..
http://games-survival.com/pc-games/flight-games/

And still give TrackIR a Thumbsup:
http://games-survival.com/pc-games/