Pitch up view in IL-2

Daerdor

Pitch up view in IL-2

Post by Daerdor »

I have recently switched from FaceTrack to TrackIR.

So far everything is working smoothly with TrackIR, except for one thing: in the TrackIR software I can pitch my view upwards beyond 90�. However in IL-2 the view 'stops' at 90� i.e. it's as if the pitch view is limited to 90� (looking straight up).

Using FaceTrack the pitch up view in IL-2 goes beyond the 90� so this indicates that the game can handle it. And since it works also in the TrackIR software it indicates that TrackIR can handle it ... so what setting am I missing to remove this 'lock'? :)
Daerdor

Re: Pitch up view in IL-2

Post by Daerdor »

In the 'Tips & Tricks' section I found some interesting info which seems to provide a solution by modifying the 'ViewLimiting' registry key:

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/03- ... s-ace.html

I'll definitely try that one out and see how it goes!
Daerdor

Post by Daerdor »

Hmm, this key doesn't seem to exist anymore in TrackIR 5. Any info where this setting has moved to?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

I believe limitation of view can be found in the settings.ini file in the TrackIR 5 software directory now.
Daerdor

Post by Daerdor »

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the directory but didn't find an .ini file.
I did find the Settings.xml file in the directory of TrackIR5 but that seems to contain all settings found in the GUI.
Daerdor

Post by Daerdor »

Case closed: when using the UltraPack 3.0 it works i.e. the pitch up view is not locked to 90�.

I tested it before in the vanilla, unmodded version and there it's locked (using 4.10.1m)