Can't re-open TrackIR software after FSX closes

Laurence Pahlman

Can't re-open TrackIR software after FSX closes

Post by Laurence Pahlman »

Just got TrackIR 5. As I progress on my learning curve (learned early-on that my TrackClip makes for a wild ride if the setting is on TrackClipPro instead of TrackClip), I ran into this annoyance:

After quitting FSX, I could not re-open TrackIR. I got the message that Another instance of the TrackIR software is already running. Rather than always re-booting, I finally discovered I could open Task Manager, select the Processes tab, scroll down to the first of 3 TrackIR lsitings and select the End Process option.

Any idea why when FSX ends TrackIR (apparently) is not closing properly? Or, if it's not suppose to close, why I can't see any means of accessing it without going thru the Task Manager sequence described above?

Thanks,

Larry
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Can't re-open TrackIR software after FSX closes

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

TrackIR minimizes to the system tray (by your clock) when you run a game. There should be a small TrackIR icon (you may have to click the up arrow at the left of the system tray to see it) when the program is running. Right click that small icon and select "minimize/maximize to tray"