Can't get used to it

aerodrums

Can't get used to it

Post by aerodrums »

I bought TrackIR V for use with FSX to supplement flight lessons in a Cessna Skycatcher. I have the pro clip, but have only used the regular sensor so far. It all seems to work well. I've set dead band, slowed the speed and generally tried to slow the response. I'm not in a high speed gaming situation.
I just don't like how it works. Maybe I have ADD, but I have to keep my head still or I tend to get motion sickness vs in the air no problem. Any thoughts? Return policy?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Can't get used to it

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

The return policy is a standard 30 day one. You can contact support@naturalpoint.com at any time to get more information or an RMA (if it was purchased from a dealer, you would need to contact them for more information on their return policy).

What most people do to take care of the motion at rest is set dead zones in their profile. By creating a deadzone, you can have some freedom to move your head before the tracking takes hold. Additionally, you can use the tracking pause button (by default f9) to pause tracking when you don't want it running (such as when you lean in to manipulate a switch or want to fly without looking around for a while). Pause makes it so TrackIR is there when you want it.
leo96

Post by leo96 »

ive tried so many different types of profiles , played with the curves until i was red in my eyes, can`t seem to get used to it either , all works but makes me sick , any available profiles my the manufacturer?
thanks, regards
leo96
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

What type of movement are you looking for?
leo96

Post by leo96 »

hello all:
I would like to update this thread since it was written specially for those new people that might still have this problem or are new to the game . Something that was never mentioned and many people think it is basic is that a simple change in the FSX cfg file has to be done. simply re write the wide aspect view to True instead of the default False and save . that's all. after so many years and tweaking the file no onbe mentions that this change makes everything work when it comes to ccamera views. even in youtube tutorials by the experts it is mentioned to change this but because of the new monitors and not because other add ons will work better. so for those who might be looking for answers to this I hope this helps . there are too many tutorials on how to improve things but they always seem to leave out the obvious . an old game like FSX needs many changes in the CFG file , this being one of them, then you can keep on tweaking tracker to your best likings.
hope this helps to those who are new or have given up on a great simulator.
regards, leo96