FSX and TRACKIR 5

Flyboy583

FSX and TRACKIR 5

Post by Flyboy583 »

Hey all,

Un boxed my first track IR last night and bloody hell what a piece of kit :)

Now I mainly fly IL2 and FSX (Not tried trackir with IL2 yet)

Initially when I fired up trackir in FSX it was all over the place. I played with the settings and default profile a bit and got a much better and smoother tracking in the cockpit. There is a lot of room for improvement through, so this is the start of my research.

Firstly is there any documentation that will teach me how to set up my trackir properly?

Does anybody have any profiles for FSX that they could share with me?

My main problem at the moment in fsx (I used the PMDG 738 NGX as a test bed as this is my preferred aircraft) is that I cant look at the top overhead panel. when I look up I can see the bottom overhead panel just fine, when I attempt to look higher the track IR goes all over the place.

Also when I try to look at the central panel (between the captain and FO whith the radio and nav aids) I can look at it, but when I try and zoom in, the view drops in height and I am looking at the panel like I have my chin on the edge of the panel. I would prefer to be able to have a more top down look?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: FSX and TRACKIR 5

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

How is the camera oriented in relation to your TrackClip Pro? Is one above the other? Are they angled?