TrackIR working in everything except FSX

DickDastardly

TrackIR working in everything except FSX

Post by DickDastardly »

Hi,
As the title says, my TrackIR3 with vector attatchment (running the latest 5.1.3 software) works great in all my other games but at some point over the last couple of months stopped working in FSX (with the latest Acceleration/SP2 patch).

In the TrackIR software everything looks fine -FSX is being detected, the correct profile is loaded (and it's the same profile I'm using successfully in other games), the blue light on the unit is on when FSX is running along with the green light on top, and head movement is being detected causing the grid to pan about in the TrackIR software but this isn't generating any movement in FSX.

I've tried running both TrackIR and FSX as an admin. The only simconnect.xml I have is in my FSX SDK folder structure (and hasn't been changed for years). I have 3 SimConnect.dll files in separate folders under C:\Windows\winsxs (but again, these haven't been modified since before the time TrackIR stopped working in FSX).

In terms of add-ons, I don't have Active Sky or Active Camera but I do have FSUIPC, REX and numerous aircraft and photosceneries installed (although afaik these all worked fine with TrackIR at some point in the not too distant past).

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions anyone might have wrt fixing the problem.
Cheers,
DD
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: TrackIR working in everything except FSX

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

I'd recommend deleting the DLLs in WinSXS, then running a repair installation of FSX and re-updating. It will fix any corruption in the Simconnect interface.