WarbirdsIII

ortho

Re: WarbirdsIII

Post by ortho »

Finally, WBIII gets TrackIR support! Works great, but I'm already eager for someone to write a .dll or whatever is needed to get specific support for TrackIR. That would allow a center deadband, which would greatly help for shooting, etc. Do any of you guys have the skills?

David Klein
ortho
jnylund

Post by jnylund »

Seriously, if the implementation in WB3 could become anywhere near as smooth as IL2FB, then it would get alot of new fans, I am sure. As it stands, it works well for tracking, but is very difficult to shoot with (a bit jittery).

The WB community is mostly older (read: way past the allowance stage) and hardcore committed. If this were to be implemented well, then I don't believe it would take many people on AGW or the IEN BBS to stir up quite a few sales.

Exactly what does it take for enhanced mode support? I see that some older games (EECH for example) have had this put into them, so it must be possible. Who does it, NP or the game developer? In other words, whom should I be haranguing?

jnylund
stkman
475th FG
ortho

Post by ortho »

Jim Richardson (of Natural Point) had hinted previously that they have a developer "tool kit" and that as long as the program has a mouselook mode (which WBIII finally does), it would only take a skilled programmer (read: not me) a few hours (read: weeks) to build a .dll routine to provide the neccessary functionality. So the bottom line it is, you need to bug both Richardson and Target.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Rest assured that NP is doing everything they can to get support implimented into W3.

I suggest you get all the support you can and have them start sending the developers of W3 to make TrackIR a priority.