Flight Gear

Kyoku57

Flight Gear

Post by Kyoku57 »

Hi everyone,

I want to know how to implement TrackIR functionnality to flight Gear, an open source flight simulation software.

http://fr.flightgear.tuxfamily.org/

The trick is to use Linux-Track when you are on Linux
http://code.google.com/p/linux-track/

But it's strange that the native driver on Windows don't manage Flight Gear software.

So, what can we/you do to implement native support of Track IR hardware on Flight Gear software on Windows ?

Thanks for answers
uglyDwarf

Re: Flight Gear

Post by uglyDwarf »

Hi,
actually Linuxtrack works on MacOS too, including Flight Gear...

On windows, you are going to need the Game SDK, so try to ask NP guys if they'd give it to you...

Then you will have to create something similar to linuxtrack's ltr_pipe and use similar approach to get the data to the FG.
One problem is, that I'm not sure if you'll be able opensource the thing (due to the SDK) - if that was the plan anyway...

The other approaches will probably fail, thank to the fact, that the SDK itself is not freely available, so for exmple patch to the FG code itself is not going to work...

Kind regards,

Michal
Kyoku57

Post by Kyoku57 »

The plan is just use the hardware I paid for Flight Gear sim on Windows whatever the way ;) A official one is prefered and I think Natural Point can explain simply how to become compatible this wonderful hardware with this wonderful software. That's all ;)
uglyDwarf

Post by uglyDwarf »

I see...
You can try to contact NP concerning the Game SDK and see what their response is going to be...

In the mean time, take a peek at the TrackMapper source code, it might show you how does it work...
Kind regards,

Michal
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

We've had a tough time over the years trying to get support in Flight Gear. There was sort of a revolving door of contacts that we went through, and in the end, none of them ended up being able to integrate.

We're definitely open to working with someone in the community to make the support happen.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack