Moving TrackID from one view to an another one

pnantel

Moving TrackID from one view to an another one

Post by pnantel »

Hi,

I use a multiple display setup in FSX, the main two views I use are the cockpit and the virtual cockpit. I would like to know if there is a way to toggle the motion tracking between the two views.

My setup is using a 4 displays configuration, it is compose of 3 X24 inc monitor configure as (1 over 3), I use the surround display function from Nvidia (GTX690) plus 3 separate screens of different size. I use the 1 over 3 to display the VC view, two bottom displays for the 2D panel view and the fourth one on top for the overhead view when available.

|-----------------|
| Overhead display|
|_________________|
|-------------------------------------------|
| 1 over 3 (VC display) |
|-------------------------------------------|
|------------||-----------|
| 2D-2 || 2D-1 |
|____________||__Primary__|

Display layout diagram

When I start FSX, TrackID will be activated on the startup screen(in my case cockpit view with 2D instrument panel). When I setup a second view (virtual cockpit) on the 1 over 3 display and I want TrachID to be active on that second one, I just close the first view and trackid become active on the second view. Then I reactivate the first view and I have trackid active were I want.

My question is: Can I move trackid from one view to a other one without having to close the view. His there a way to toggle between views?

If not that would be a very good enhancement to the product. I am asking because the way I do this in FSX doesn't work in P3D. I have posted a question on the P3D forum and I was told that they change the way views work and this is way I can no longer move TrachID from the initiale view to the second one.

Thanks in advance

Pierre