TrackIr5 not responding after SimConnect file mods

MarioB

TrackIr5 not responding after SimConnect file mods

Post by MarioB »

TrackIr, EZdok and W7 all working in harmony. Just built a new rig with W8, re-installed FSX from the ground up. Installed TrackIR 5.2 and EZdok 1.17. Not a happy marriage this time. Renaming the SimConnect files as per EZdok manual will have FSX not recognized by TrackIR (RH light not coming on). Just following the install instructions.

Thanks for your help and thanks Seth for your FSX profile.
MarioB

Re: TrackIr5 not responding after SimConnect file mods

Post by MarioB »

Re-installed TrackIr5 and EZdok to no avail. Both software work separately only. Cannot get the two software to work. The minute I rename the SimConnect files, TrackIR RH light is off. If I leave the original SimConnect files intact EZdok cameras don't work. In any case the TrackIR symbol in the EZdok studio remains black at all times.

Seriously thinking of getting OpusFSX for new cameras...
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

You may want to try disabling any firewalls as SimConnect uses a local network interface to pass data around. If that doesn't work you can try to repair SimConnect. To repair SimConnect I delete the three folders in C:\Windows\winsxs and then put the FSX disk in a run a repair install.
MarioB

Post by MarioB »

Disabled the firewalls. The permissions for winsxs are greyed out. Cannot touch the 3 SimConnect folders. In any case, the problem remains.