Janes F/A-18

HanSolo

Janes F/A-18

Post by HanSolo »

Hello,
I can't find any TrackIR reference to this title; does this mean that it can't be done?

Janes F/A-18 has a virtual 3D cockpit controlled by a mouse while right button is depressed. (click and drag)

The 3D cockpit is also interactive, meaning I still need the regular mouse function to click on cockpit buttons.

Thanks for your help in advance.

HS

[ April 10, 2004, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: HanSolo ]
snake122

Re: Janes F/A-18

Post by snake122 »

Don't have the sim but you should be able to enable the "toggle" on the right mouse hotkey under the hotkey tab in the TrackIR software. This will keep the right mouse key active when you press the hotkey until you press it again. Of course, leave the left mouse hotkey untoggled so you don't flip unwanted switches as you pan, like the ejection handle (hehe that the reason why the right mouse held didn't work for Falcon ).
F4UT_Bard

Post by F4UT_Bard »

has anyone actually tried the above?
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

I belive there are users who have had it working in Janes F18, ill see if I can find a guy called Grover who I know still flies F18 a lot and I think uses his Track IR.
grover

Post by grover »

Snake is Right. I have used the windows key to toggle the right mouse button as held down. The thing is that you need to un-toggle it to click any of the buttons on the cockpit, so if you have a programmable joystick, I really recommend binding a key to doing the toggling.
The use of the Tir is pretty much limited to knife fights and is handy in that respect. The rest of the time I find myself looking through the hud or at instruments. so a regular HAT switch does fine.

[ May 03, 2004, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: grover ]
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Does Janes support keyboard presses for head views?

If so, try the keymapper utillity that is being spread about.
grover

Post by grover »

There are snap views that are used for dogfighting, but I have never found them particularly useful, but then again I know of others who have. To me that would lose the advantage of being able to track a target .
BigA

Post by BigA »

Snake and Grover thanks for the tips.
I just could not get the keymapper to work in Janes F18, but that certainly does not mean that others will not.

However, your suggestion regarding the "Right click hot key" proved pivotal in my later success. With some minor TIR profile, and joystick profile tweaks ..... it works!

I mapped the TIR enable with the TIR right click toggle to one button on the stick - so "Its either on or off" and then just added the "TIR center" command to piggyback the F1 - forward view command in the stick profile for the sim.

This was TIR2 with the 3.10 software.

Thanks again and good luck to others.

[ May 09, 2004, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: BigA ]
grover

Post by grover »

Gald its all running BigA. I really need to sort out my joystick mappings so I can have an almost full time TiR view.