TrackIR 3 Expansion Teaser Video IS UP!

Jim

Re: TrackIR 3 Expansion Teaser Video IS UP!

Post by Jim »

Hello:

eDimensional is a reseller of ours and we like working with them. This time they jumped the gun a bit. Vector will go on sale early tomorrow morning from our web site.
JRH147

Post by JRH147 »

Yowza!!!!!!!!! Congratulations guys!
f4nT0m

Post by f4nT0m »

I really hope buying a trackHat is not a must...
I had to order my trackIR3 2 times, and got only one, and had to w8 months to get it...
Im not in the mood doing the same procedure again
Jim

Post by Jim »

Not sure why you had a bad experience, hopefully it wasn't from us! We have plenty of stock on the TrackHATS and TrackIR 3 units, no worries. You will get a TrackHAT included in the Vector Expansion.
f4nT0m

Post by f4nT0m »

It was eDimensional. And the problem was the local post office (of course my first package was stolen/disappeard). Second time eDimensional used Fedex.
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

Done and Done..

BTW: Consider this official word from me that you can hold shipping the TrackIR3 unit that I added to my order until the Vector expansion is available. My TrackIR 2 will have to do :-)
Jim

Post by Jim »

Thanks for the order!
Old_Canuck

Post by Old_Canuck »

Still seems to be some confusion whether or not TIR3 Vector will work effectively in Pacific Fighters. I've seen both sides of the argument: "PF cockpits are not fully 3D and will not support it" ... "it can be supported with limitations..." Could someone please clarify?

BTW, I'm still using TIR original with an IR emitter and quite happy with it.
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

lemme take a crack at the explanation:

Vector Expansion makes PF (and all the currently Enhanced games) much easier to use - because you can shift around in your seat, and the view won't rotate. It makes TrackIR much less sensitive to unwanted motion.
With VectorE's 3-D smarts, the game view ONLY rotates when you are specifically rotating your head. We'll probably put a video out in January that shows this off, if it still isn't clear.

So,
all current TrackIR Enhanced games support the vector expansion in this fashion. which is neat, and a great boon to the old/accepted style of (2-D rotation) TrackIR usage.

----------------

But what is really jaw dropping about the Vector Expansion - what everyone is ecstatic about - is moving in full 3-D. It's just incredibly immersive when you lean forward and the view on your screen does the same. ditto all the other moving and rotating that is possible.

The makers of Pacific Fighters have no plans to implement support for this full 3D motion, because the 3D models of their planes would look yucky if you moved around at all. (the cockpits are designed to be seen from one fixed point. so if you lean left a little bit, you'll see holes in the cockpit). In order for Pacific Fighters to work in full 3D, someone would have to put a lot of work into redoing ALL the cockpits. and that is ONLY so TrackIR can offer more immersion. Since there are still some people in the world who don't use TrackIR, it's a tall order.

The makers of Pacific Fighters also aren't keen on further enhancing a game that has already been released, because they are putting all their talents into the next jaw dropping project - which is due out in just a couple months. This new project (Battle of Britain) will have fully 3D cockpits (which my co-worker's say are amazing! everything is 3-D modeled down to the individual wires he says!).

so. Pacific Fighters is easier to play, right now, thanks to Vector Expansion. Tons of games are going to announce full 6DOF support in the next few months.

keep an eye on this page for the details:
http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/games/allgames.html

(and remember, anything is possible in the game-development world if enough fans demand it from the developer!)

[ December 23, 2004, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: Warren Blyth -webdev- ]