Jane's WW2 Fighters and TrackIR 3 Pro

Rich

Jane's WW2 Fighters and TrackIR 3 Pro

Post by Rich »

Hi gang!
Ordered my Track IR 3 Pro and VEK yesterday. They tell me I'll have it by Thursday.
I play CFS3, and my all-time favorite, Jane's WWII Fighters. I heard that the new TrackIR software does not support mouse emulation so I'm wondering if dot tracking mode will work in Jane's? I just want to use the TrackIR to allow me to look around (I know 6DOF is not going to work in WW2F).
Thanks,
Rich
AB_fly_by_u

Re: Jane's WW2 Fighters and TrackIR 3 Pro

Post by AB_fly_by_u »

NO! Mouse emulation! Purchased mine last week and can't get it to work like my friends. He keeps telling my his came with two programs natural point and trackir. What's the deal here? I'm kind of feeling like I just got cheated! Without the mouse emulations it's not the product I payed the same amount for that he did. See the problem here. Also your website advertises a mouse emulation mode but your software doesn't support it. Hmmmm! Sorry but been working on this for three hours, read this post and reolized I just wasted my time.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Hi guys and welcome.

Fly the wrong CD was shipped out with some TIR's, what was sent was the instalation disk for SmartNav. SmartNav does have mouse emulation mode, along with earlier versions of TIR.
DonULFonso
Location: near THE Neandert(h)al (Germany for all Homo Sapiens)

Post by DonULFonso »

Yes, the 'old' 3.x-software features the mouse-emulation mode (which works like a charm with Jane's WWII Fighters), but the 'new' 4.x-drivers don't, unfortunately.

At first we had been told that it just had been taken out to ensure allow for an earlier release and that it would be put back into the software again later on once there's be time to do so , but in the meantime NP-staff have told us it that it will not make it back into the software because the users are too dumb and bother them with requests for support (that's how I understood it - they put it slighly differently, naturally ).

If you, too, want it back, feel free to voice your request here.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Jeeze what have I fallen into here? To be honest, I bought the TrackIR because I thought it would work in all my CFS games
I'm still looking forward to it, but not being able to use it in Janes WW2 Fighters is a real disappointment for me. So, I guess bottom line is: mouse emulation is not available? At the very least, busy or not you should remove that misleading information on your website. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ticked off, but I think you may have your priorities wrong.
Rich
Jim

Post by Jim »

You can use version 3.0 to get Mouse Emulation for the time being, it will work with your TIR 3 unit. We are planing on releasing an add-on that supports mouse emulation in the near future, although we are not promising any release date at this time.
DonULFonso

Post by DonULFonso »

Fine - and in the meantime you can not only use the 'old' 3.x-software, but you can even install it parallel to the 'new' 4.x-software; if you need mouse-emulation, simply start the 3.x-version.

Like I already said, it works like a charm for Jane's WWII Fighters! MS' CFS-series is a different matter alltogether, though: it's known for not supporting mouse-look, so the TIR's mouse-emulation is of no use in this case anyway, and mapping the snap-views to the TIR's regions via the TrackMapper doesn't fully work, either - but at least in CFS3 your TIR should work with the 'new' 4.x-software.
Rich

Post by Rich »

So, would I install ver. 3.xx as TrackIR3 directory name and ver. 4.xx as TrackIR4 directory name? Would that work, or is there more to it?

Thanks,

Rich
DonULFonso

Post by DonULFonso »

Yep, that's it - but didn't you check your inbox? Sent you a PM with detailed instructions some days ago...
Rich

Post by Rich »

ULF: you're not going to believe this, but I didn't know how to check my inbox
Now I blew away your PM (I read it but then blew it away)....would you mind re-sending. My apologies....jeeze what a dweeb!

Thanks,

Rich

[ March 01, 2005, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Rich ]