TIR3 + VR Glasses, anyone using this setup?

Auto Xr

Re: TIR3 + VR Glasses, anyone using this setup?

Post by Auto Xr »

Nothing important to add other than it looks like you just informed me of a new toy...I mean tool I want to buy now after the review about it in Live For Speed. They should make a cheaper version that doesn't have head track in the visor for those of us with TIR3pve. Would almost make it easy to take a pc around like a console..u know not needing to lug around a big bulky screen.
Auto Xr

Post by Auto Xr »

"The best game I have tried so far for these glasses is Live for Speed. With the glasses hooked up, head tracking, steering wheel and stereo 3d the game was SO immersive. Being able to look around the car in stereoscopic 3d while driving just blew me away, and took this game to a whole new level. It is the closest feeling I have had to driving without actually being in a car. Playing on this headset, and playing on a monitor is like night and day."

this was from a section at
A review of the Z800
http://raeldor.blogspot.com/ which was posted above above
akita77

Post by akita77 »

quote:Originally posted by N8 G:
"The best game I have tried so far for these glasses is Live for Speed. With the glasses hooked up, head tracking, steering wheel and stereo 3d the game was SO immersive.
this was from a section at
http://raeldor.blogspot.com/ which was posted above aboveI received an email a few days ago telling me my Z800 will be shipped on or about Aug 16, give it 5 days travel and I should have it in late August.
http://www.emagin.com/

If the TIR 3Pro and VE work with this VR Visor I may never come back to the real world.

boB
mopheta

Post by mopheta »

I have interest in Z800 too since 1 month ago, but the only "review" of this product is the link that you have put here.

Seem to be a credible review, but there is no other to compare.

I have decided not to order this Z800 until more people reviews in the Stereo furums.
Eilif

Post by Eilif »

I have been looking for a good pair of 3d goggles for quite a while now, seems they can never get these things to sell well enough to get the prices down. Once they do im there!

What i would like to see is a team up between naturalpoint and a VR goggle company!

Track ir is doing very well with the sim community, and it no doubt has a larger market share than any VR goggle manufacturer that is involved with gaming, combine the two and everyones happy!

even if a company like emagine has so called head tracking technology, and from what i have seen its pretty limited, its not going to be getting widespread support like Track ir is, let alone vector suport.
connan

Post by connan »

quote:Originally posted by Roy Lazarovich:
Hi boB

Shortly after the glasses arrived I realised that was not what I was looking for, these were glasses that use a shutter system to block each eye seperately while a different image is displayed on the monitor, this gives a 3D effect but as I do not see well in one eye, it is useless to me.

What kind of 3D glasses do you have? do they have LCD screens that shows you what is shown on the screen? that's what I was looking for originally.

I am very interested in hearing your experienceI'm using shutterglasses as well as TrackIR + VE and it works fine for me. I would also say that if you can't get a 3d experience with shutterglasses you will also not be able to have it with some other type of HMD, cuz you need two working eyes.
mtarlton

Post by mtarlton »

I've used the TrackIR3 + Vector with the Z800 glasses and NVIDIA graphics card. I'd give the combo a 4 out of 5. The only knock is that I have trouble getting a really good focus with the glasses -- part of the problem is old eyes . Otherwise it all works really well together. The color on the Z800 is good and overall, the HMD is pretty comfortable. I'd love higher resolution than 800x600 but it isn't bad for 3D.

I've been experimenting with MS Flight 2004. The NVIDIA drivers support stereo viewing when in the 'virtual cockpit' mode. After adjusting the stereo effect to a comfortable separation (that doesn't pull my eyes out of their sockets) the 3D effect is really nice. The biplanes are interesting because of all of the rigging on the wings, Instrument panels on the jets are good as well.

The TrackIR then adds 6DoF headtracking so that you can look around the cockpit etc. I taped the Vector unit onto the Z800 works which works ok but a more integrated solution would be great.

I don't really mind the 'amplification' on the head rotations -- It's pretty easy to get used to -- and really necessary since with only one camera, the vector goes out of sight of the camera pretty easily.

All in all, the total combination works well together. I expect the same would be true for the other TrackIR enabled games.
NombreyApellido

Post by NombreyApellido »

quote:Originally posted by mtarlton:
The TrackIR then adds 6DoF headtracking so that you can look around the cockpit etc. I taped the Vector unit onto the Z800 works which works ok but a more integrated solution would be great.I second that. I use the Z800/TrackIR combo but only with Simracing games.

/Chris
akita77

Post by akita77 »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mtarlton:
[QB]I've used the TrackIR3 + Vector with the Z800 glasses and NVIDIA graphics card. I'd give the combo a 4 out of 5. The only knock is that I have trouble getting a really good focus with the glasses -- part of the problem is old eyes . Otherwise it all works really well together. The color on the Z800 is good and overall, the HMD is pretty comfortable. I'd love higher resolution than 800x600 but it isn't bad for 3D.

=======================

I've been away for some time and just re-read these messages. I had the same problem with the Z800 focus. My old eyes fail me too. But I can get a fairly good image after some fiddling around.

This thread is quite old but I wonder if you, and others, are still using the Z800?

I do off and on but since I have a wides screen spanned across 2 monitors I am happy with the display. I guess it's the 800X600 limit of the Z800. But I've got nothing bad to say about it, I should wear them more often.

The problem with mounting the Vector Clip to the Z800 is still a problem. I guess I look funny sitting there with the Z800 and a ball cap on top.