TIR3 + VR Glasses, anyone using this setup?

roylazarovich

TIR3 + VR Glasses, anyone using this setup?

Post by roylazarovich »

Hello Everyone.

This is my first post on the forum, so I'd like to first say hello.

I am a fresh new owner of a TIR3 system, in addition to the TIR3 I have also bought an Eye3D virtual reality glasses (got a good deal on eBay), as I plan to use the glasses to futher immerse myself in the game.

None of the above has yet to arrive at my door step by the way, they are making their way to a warehouse in NY where, when all packages arrive, they will be forwarded to my address in Israel.

I originally bought the glasses thinking it would enable me to move my head in angles where I would not be able to see the monitor, so I wanted a monitor that would sit right on top of my nose and allow TIR3 to track my head angle 1:1, however, speaking with NP support I came to realize this would be impossible as the TIR3 won't be able to track my head over a certain angle.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody out there uses a similar setup to what I am about to have (eagerly waiting) and can share his experience and tips on getting more immersed in the game using this setup.

I will be very happy to hear your thoughts.

[ August 06, 2005, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Roy Lazarovich ]
roylazarovich

Re: TIR3 + VR Glasses, anyone using this setup?

Post by roylazarovich »

Still waiting for my new toys, but wonder if I am the only one who is going to use that setup since nobody replied...
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

You should be able to mount your Vector Clip, or a single dot, on the end / top of the headset, then you will have motion control over your virtual world. I have tried this setup here with various VR goggles and it does work. Let me know how you make out. Thanks for posting.
akita77

Post by akita77 »

quote:Originally posted by Roy Lazarovich:
Still waiting for my new toys, but wonder if I am the only one who is going to use that setup since nobody replied...Hi again Roy. I see you and I will be able to compare notes using the Tir3 Pro with VR visors. Hopefully we will be able to set it up for some great flying.
roylazarovich

Post by roylazarovich »

Hi boB

Shortly after the glasses arrived I realised that was not what I was looking for, these were glasses that use a shutter system to block each eye seperately while a different image is displayed on the monitor, this gives a 3D effect but as I do not see well in one eye, it is useless to me.

What kind of 3D glasses do you have? do they have LCD screens that shows you what is shown on the screen? that's what I was looking for originally.

I am very interested in hearing your experience
akita77

Post by akita77 »

quote:Originally posted by Roy Lazarovich:
Hi boB

Shortly after the glasses arrived I realised that was not what I was looking for, these were glasses that use a shutter system to block each eye seperately while a different image is displayed on the monitor, this gives a 3D effect but as I do not see well in one eye, it is useless to me.

What kind of 3D glasses do you have? do they have LCD screens that shows you what is shown on the screen? that's what I was looking for originally.

I am very interested in hearing your experienceFor 3D I bought the X3D shutter glasses and I'm not impressed. They no longer sale the X3D but back then I read the eDimentional 3D glasses wouldn't work with a nVidea card.

X3D shutter glasses
http://www.x3dshop.com/techsupport/prod ... fault.html

If you have this type shutter glasses here is a page that explaines different types of operation. Maybe using page flip would let you see the 3D.
http://www.x3dshop.com/techsupport/lear ... thods.html

The Virtual Goggles/Visor I ordered is the Z800 which has microphone, speakers, head tracking and some other things that make it a good deal. But there are only a couple reviews because they have only shipped a few so far. Maybe a production problem.
Z800 Virtual Visor
http://www.emagin.com/3dvisor/html/product.htm

A review of the Z800
http://raeldor.blogspot.com/

I hope it's ok to include these URL's

boB
rodom

Post by rodom »

I think its quite alright to post those links. I'm curious myself on how that Z800 works out for ya. Seems thought like you wouldnt need head tracking if you were using the TrackIR in the first place.

I'll do a little research myself as well on this.
akita77

Post by akita77 »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Rick:
I think its quite alright to post those links. I'm curious myself on how that Z800 works out for ya. Seems thought like you wouldnt need head tracking if you were using the TrackIR in the first place.

I'll do a little research myself as well on this.I agree. I bought the TrackIR just to use with the Z800 for FS 2004. The Z800 has head tracking built in but for FS2004 it only gives 2 DOF. I wanted to have more control than that. We'll see how it works, I just have to wait for the Z800.

boB
akita77

Post by akita77 »

quote:Originally posted by boB:

I'll do a little research myself as well on this.[/qb]I agree. I bought the TrackIR just to use with the Z800 for FS 2004. The Z800 has head tracking built in but for FS2004 it only gives 2 DOF. I wanted to have more control than that. We'll see how it works, I just have to wait for the Z800.

boB[/QB][/QUOTE]

I did a second page using the TrackIR and VE in a C-172.

http://flightsims.vze.com/trackir/page2.html

Take care,

boB
akita77

Post by akita77 »

quote:Originally posted by N8 G:
.I mean tool I want to buy now after the review about it in Live For Speed. .Can you post the URL of the LFS review?

TIA

boB