Looking for non-technical flight sims, help!

roylazarovich

Looking for non-technical flight sims, help!

Post by roylazarovich »

Hi Everyone.

I've had my TIR3+VE for quite some time but up until now I haven't really started using it, the reason for that is that all of the flight simulators that are TIR enhanced are very technical in nature.

Now I know that the majority of TIR users are avid simmers and are looking for realism in the sims they play, and I really respect you all for that because it is really hard and challenging.

However, to me, a good flight sim would be a simple game, similar to the old X-Wing, Wing Commander, and Dog Fight (I wonder how many of you played that one, it's very old, but I used to have tonnes of fun with it), a flight sim where all you need to do is steer the craft with your joystick, shoot bullets, launch some missiles, and possibly switch power from the shields to the engines... but definetly not mix up engine solutions, trim the engine, change RPMs, Prop ratios and so on...

I'm pretty technically-challenged when it comes to flight sims, but more to the point, I am not looking for the realism but the simplicity, I want to be able to concentrate on the mission and objectives rather then be occupied with maintaining my craft.

Please help me, if you know of a simple flight sim that can be played with the TIR with mouse emulation or some other method, please let me know.

And I would also like to request from the NaturalPoint team to possibly add support to a simple flight sim every now and than so users like me can take to the skies

Hoping for some replies, and am waiting patiently for GTA:SA support.

Thanks in advance.
rodom

Re: Looking for non-technical flight sims, help!

Post by rodom »

I'm just curious have you tried Wings of War yet? It isn't too bad as far as controlling the aircraft compared to some of the other "sims" on the market today. I had a lot of fun testing that game with the TrackIR.

Wings of War
roylazarovich

Post by roylazarovich »

Thanks for the reply Rick, I did try the demo of Wings of War but for some reason the game did not like my joystick and kept hanging while loading, I unpluged my joystick and it ran.

Other than that the game seems interesting, I'll consider buying it and a new joystick at the same time.

By the way, I wasn't able to activate the TrackIR support, the blue led lit up, but there was no head tracking in the game, I probably did not do something...

Thanks for the suggestion, any others? I'm particularly interested in hearing from users who have had an experience with playing a non-technical game with the TIR and have seen good results.
rodom

Post by rodom »

To get it to work in the game you have to press the key 'C' a few times until your in the cockpit view.
mmed

Post by mmed »

MS Combat Flightsim 3 is pretty easy to get into.