First IL-2 Post

BPO6_GoldenWing

Re: First IL-2 Post

Post by BPO6_GoldenWing »

Hey! I guess I'm numba 11!

Great to see the forum finally opened up. TrackIR is the controller of the future...NOW!

I know you guys are all ready talking to Oleg and he actually has a TrackIR. What can we fans do? Post at the UbiForum? (BTW...TrackIR is GOLD with a Cougar HOTAS!)

~S! Gold
trumps

Post by trumps »

hi all
i just got my track IR , and am having a hell of a time trying to keep my head steady enough to keep the sight in the center of the screen when shooting, and from going out of calibration when i look to far!!! OH well Practice makes perfect as they say!!
Anyhow nice to meet you ladies and gents
AndyHill

Post by AndyHill »

Trumps, I suggest you map the "pause TrackIR" or padlock key to your joystick to calm down the bouncing view for firing. Keeping the view steady takes lots of practise and steady neck. The specific trackIR support will make things easier, but we�ll have to wait for that a little longer.

Antti
bhodi

Post by bhodi »

I posted this elsewhere but it also fits here so I'll repost it.

I use the lean method with a little head movement...because leaning really makes the Check six movement more precise.

Plus rather then turn the TIR off when I'm lining up a shot, I learned a different way that works for me.
{BTW I learned it from a fighter pilot, and this was the way he learned in RL}

When you shoot a rifle. You look at the front pin through the ring, then focus on the target then back on the pin, then take the shot.

However in BFM....I'd center on the gunsight and then drive it to the target then watch as I'd take the shot.
Which I'd learned to do because I flew Snapview and not padlock.

In snap views your view is centered on the sight and you have to fly the sight to the target.
In padlock your centered on the target and fly the target to sight ...with the TIR you want to do both, much like when you shoot a rifle.

So instead of one view style,

You want to focus on the Target plane in front of you and keep it centered in your view with the TIR.
Then fly the gunsight to the Target that you're keeping centered....Like Padlock
Keep centered on the target till the picture firms up for the shot, then center on the sight when you take the shot.....Like Snapview
It's easy after some mental changes.

Watch a large bird fly in to a landing sometime...that's what they do.
My buddies bird like to play navy carrier pilot and land on my buddies hand as he slowly moves it...you can see his eyes and head track the hand as he flies his body....then his head snaps up to acquire the hand and he holds his head still to look down at the target {Birds see different then us, Eyes on the sides and all that} and his feet come down to hit the target....target,sight,landing.

To review my technique of TIR BFM

Ignore the gunsight and track the target and fly the gunsight to it...Then track the sight during the shot.
Easy once you learn
Give that a shot and let me know if it works for you guys
Also check the thread on IL-2 settings, the one posted is a set of good ones just about what I use.
trumps

Post by trumps »

thanks for the help guys:)
BPO6_GoldenWing

Post by BPO6_GoldenWing »

WOW! BHODI!

Thanks for the TrackIR aiming method! DNME has mentioned in other strings that he rarely pauses his TrackIR and I wondered how he did it!

I've tried, but my head stills shakes too much in close, so I resorted to using TrackIR SA to track/fly the target in close; pause TrackIR; padlock; switch to target view; fire. That's been the best method for me so far, but now I'm anxious to practice and try your method out.

~S! Gold