losing panning distance with slower setting

Moooby

losing panning distance with slower setting

Post by Moooby »

This is driving me up the wall I get everything set where I want it but the speed is a tad to fast and hard to control, so I set my speed to 10 then 5 and I see a drastic loss I can no longer check my 6 all I can do is pan to wings I tried setting IL2 mouse low to help but the same results. right now im at 11 on speed and 0.9 il2 mouse but I lost to much panning. Can anyone help?
Jim

Re: losing panning distance with slower setting

Post by Jim »

Hello:

There are several suggestions to help out here. First off, most users run IL2 at a higher mouse speed setting, so that might make a big difference. Also, the distance that you are from the trackIR directly effects the scaling. Remeber that all mouse scaling is cumulative, meaning that your Windows Mouse settings and ours and the game all make the mouse move slower or faster. Try increasing or decreasing your Mouse Acceleration.

Finally, try putting the dot on a hat brim, this helps with the quality of movement tremendously.
Nodak01

Post by Nodak01 »

Another thing that will help is use the zoom features. Whan checking six or looking past your wings, go to wide view if not already. It will help you reach the six area faster and quicker with a better view.
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

Hi,

this same problem was driving me nuts also. I tried a million different settings in IL2 and IR software, but the only thing that finally worked was to move the IR unit closer to me. I took it off my monitor and put it on a stand that is no more then 2 1/2' from my head (I place the dots on the bridge of my glasses). Since I did that about 6 months ago, I've never had a problem with the unit.

Louie 'Zeke'
ArtJunky

Post by ArtJunky »

For us who purchased 4 months ago, will we get a hat or larger dots that work better?

Somebody suggested putting a few dots on a larger curved surface (Tack). How much does this improove the TiR?

Is it the curve that is helpful or the size?

[ January 06, 2003, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: ArtJunky ]
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

Hi all try putting your dots like this picture as it will help the Tracking unit track better

Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

The hat will help all versions of the trackIR work better. The idea is that you will have a larger object area for the unit to lock onto, and will therefore track better. Also, the hat brim is slightly curved, so that helps. The reason that curving helps is because the reflective material is a corner cube reflector, light that hits it straight on is returned directly back to the source, so when light hits it at an angle the reflection is much less. The curve makes up for that.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

New way to spell heaven... T-R-A-C-K-I-R!

I just got mine in the mail today. I have already fallen in love with it.

But, I had performance issues, like those mentioned here. I could not get it to look all the way around and it had a bit of loss in it.

I moved the mouse speeds up to 25 in the software and placed the dot on the brim of my hat. That solved all the problems. Now it is a bit to sensitive so I may back the speeds down a bit since I moved the dot closer.