Centering? Help a Noob here.

dazed

Re: Centering? Help a Noob here.

Post by dazed »

Hi!

Yup...il2 will lose center. Just program your x45 to send F3 or F2 first then add a 10ms delay then the F1 key. That works fine for me. Soon il2 will support trackIR properly so centering will be a thing of the past. All other sims from now on will have to support TIR also or i wont go near them
Charlie251

Centering? Help a Noob here.

Post by Charlie251 »

Greetings. Well, from the TIR video and the posts in this forum, I ordered a TIR last night. I have been reading the forums and trying to get everything figured out prior to getting it, should be soon!, so that I can plug and play immidiatly with out any long drawn out testing and fixing.

What I am not understanding here is the centering. You guys are talking about pausing TIR, centering your view, and un pausing.... does TIR get out of sync with the cockpit at times? If so, all you have to do is pause TIR, hit F1 or Numpad5, and then unpause it? If this is the case, you can pause TIR and recenter all from a map'd joystick button with the X45 right?

I think I got that straight. I may have answered my own question.

I am so excited to get TIR in the mail.... UPS better be on the ball with this one!

Thanks for any responce to my Q btw.
ArtJunky

Post by ArtJunky »

By centering, does this mean that you will not have to hit a key to send the view to the front...it will know when it is facing forward?
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

How do you program a 10ms delay, or any delay for that matter, into the hotas software? Argh, guess I have to do some research. hahaha.
Thanks for the reply.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Now that I have had TrackIR for about two weeks, I love the darn thing. Never fly again without it!

I do not experiance the centering issue to much. The only time I notice it is when I pause TIR and then switch to my zoomed in gun view. I have to quickly F3-F1 to get it centered perfectly again. With it all on my joystick, I dont even notice a slow down in flight. Its perfect.

Once the integration into the game happens.... oh boy!
Nodak01

Post by Nodak01 »

You can overcome that gunsight problem easily, just padlock him when he's in or near the border of it, hit zoom, than hit the padlock key again to release it. Il2 will auto center on the gunsight, not the bandit when he's that close to the front center of the plane.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Ah, good idea. I had not thought of that. It would probably work a lot faster than going to external fly by view and back, as it will not have to render the graphics change out of the cockpit. Not that there is much of a notice, but it does take your eyes off of him for a split second.

Thanks for the info. Will give it a shot tonight.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

PS: The only times this and the external views do not work is when you are flying full realism. But I rarely have a centering issue that I cannot resolve quickly. It works very well with IL-2 on my computer and its really hard to find any complaints.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Catch up post: No issues with centering anymore. Once you find the right settings, it is very hard to lose center.... as long as you do not make erratic movements with your head.

Up your mouse sensitivity and X-Y sliders, lower smoothing, and use slower head movements.