Mouse sensitivity vs. trackir slider ?

Hotdognz

Re: Mouse sensitivity vs. trackir slider ?

Post by Hotdognz »

If your view is getting stuck try using a bigger dot size like this one below which is how mine is configured. My settings in IL2 for the mouse is 1.4 and my TIR settings are

X & Y 15
2x unhighlited
Smoothing at 75

I find this a bit twitchy around the center for IL2 but great for scanning the sky with so when im on a bandits 6 I will padlock him most of the time, once IL2 FB comes out and it has the new Track IR settings built in and we also have TIR version 2.0 then you will find that the center area of IL2 will be much smoother and easier to control

spitfire9

Mouse sensitivity vs. trackir slider ?

Post by spitfire9 »

The mouse sensitivity is set to 1.0. The sliders are set at 14.The smoothness is set near the middle. When the speed seems to be right ,I have trouble viewing 6oclock and sometimes it sticks. When I can view all around nicely, the trackir seems too sensitve and jumps around a lot at the gunsight view. Will a dead zone take care of this problem? Any advice on mouse sensitivity vs. slider speed?
ThomasH

Post by ThomasH »

I turend off filtering x2 not hilited
x speed 7 and y speed 9
smooth 100-120
1.4 in IL2
609IAP_Recon

Post by 609IAP_Recon »

means your
1. too far away and/or
2. moving outside the zone - which means your needing to turn your head too far.

bump up the il2 sens to 1.5 - make sure your not too far away.
Nodak01

Post by Nodak01 »

"Little explanation of an important setting within IL-2, Mouse Sensitivity. It's important to understand what it's doing. It's a scaling setting with a distance to motion relationship for mouse movement. Easiest to see with an example.

Set your mouse sensitivity to 1 in game, place your mouse on a sheet of paper, line the cursor up on the bottom edge of the menu that shows once you accept the setting. Now mark a point on the paper with a point on the mouse, move it so the cursor is now at the top of the menu and mark that same mouse reference on paper.

Lets say it took 10cm total of mouse travel to get the cursor from top to bottom of the menu box. Reset the mouse sensentivity to 2 and check it, now 5cm. Set to 3 and 2.5cm. Set to .5 and it's 20cm. So it's not a speed setting, but distance, important to realize, we want to use this to get an optimal distance swing of our view arch. No straining to see shoulder to shoulder."

This pulled from another post might help. Use it to set the scale of your view head swing.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Also, distance frrom the unit to the dot determines how much "throw" you have as well. When you need it to be a bit more stable, lean back a little. When you want it faster scrolling, lean forwards.

Now that 2.0 is out, just use the precision mode feature and you should be very happy with the results.
spitfire9

Post by spitfire9 »

I tried all the above and I'm having better results. I found a wood tack about twice the size of the refective dots that come with the set-up. It has a kind of dome shaped head and I put refective tape on it.Stuck the tack on the brim of a hat and it works great, with the 2.0 (Manual size filters). Really looking forward to trying enhanced mode with IL-2 FB when it comes out .Thanks for the help guys!
HarryM

Post by HarryM »

I tried something different from the "flower petal" on the end of the mike boom. I covered that with a plastic cap to hide the flower, since I didn't want to peel them off only to find the alternative didn't work.

I took a wooden pencil and stuck 1 reflective dot on the eraser. Then I attached that to my mike boom with twist-ties. It (1 dot) seems to work just as well as the flower petal. Max smooth/speed in TIR 2.0.

Il-2 mousespeed is at 1.4, windows mousespeed medium. I'd guesstimate the distance from reflector to emitter is 2 feet.

It seems noticeably less jittery, maybe the flower petal is too large for it to settle down, 1 dot is a nice small target and it tracks more tightly. Found myself toggling off much less when going to shoot.