Oh well, just ordered one:)

Axel

Oh well, just ordered one:)

Post by Axel »

Just wanna say hi as i have just bought a TIR from e-dimensional in the UK.

There's a fair bit of comment on this right now in the simhq IL-2 forum and i saw DNME's track which finally sold me on track IR , i think you guys should have him on commission

What with FB having the dll (or soon will have?) it's now a required purchase for me, cant be at a disadvantage to all you TIR users in hyper lobby now can i

I've downloaded vers2.0 of the software and hopefully i wont be needing the support forum here but i thought i better register, just in case

cheers

Axel

[ February 20, 2003, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: Axel ]
Charlie251

Re: Oh well, just ordered one:)

Post by Charlie251 »

If you need us, we'll be here.

Only thing I can say is that you should spent a bit of time tweaking it until you find just the right settings. It will also take you a bit to get REALLY used to it. I think it took me about 2 weeks to get to where I had no problems, the settings were perfect, and I was able to use it to the best possible advantage in flights.

So it takes a bit of getting used to, but once you are, youll love it.
Revvin

Post by Revvin »

I bought mine a few weeks ago and love it. Followed the forums for some time as I did'nt want to buy another cool gadget that would end up taking space in the back of the cupboard unused after the initial fun. Now I use it every day when playing the flight sims I have and very much looking forward to getting IL2:FB
Revvin

Post by Revvin »

LOL yup sad but true, I'm still tinkering with different methods to get the best tracking, it's very good now on the endof my mic boom but I'm trying a strip of elastic on my headphones with a group of dots on.

Funny thing is now I don't fly the sims I have such as CFSIII that has no mouselook it's become a must have feature for any sim to at least have mouseview if not dedicated support and while I still occasionally use the POV hat on my Cougar out of habit my thumb is slowly being weened from it
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

I hear that. I use my old view POV for all my TIR commands. So its hard to remember that it once held view commands.

Glad to hear it works well for you on the mic boom. I tried that when I first got TIR but I cant recall why it didnt work well. Ive sinced gone to wearing a hat while I play and having the dot on the brim of the hat. I dont always wear my headset when flying (dogfight servers alone or single missions) and I dont mind having the hat on all the time.
Revvin

Post by Revvin »

With my PC being in the same room as the TV etc I have to wear headphones unless I'm home alone so it worked out ok.The mic boom worked well but I figured trying to get something that would place the dot near my forehead would be better so added a strip of elastic to my headphone band to stretch across my forehead with a cluster of 4 dots. I remember my first night using the TIR I just stuck one to my forehead and forgot it was there until I went to bed, I asked my girlfriend if she would have told me before I left for work and she laughed and said NO! from that moment on I knew I had to figure out another way to place the dot
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Revvin: Its one of those things you dont ever want to fly without isnt it?

While testing, I flew without it once and could not beleive the difference. Never again will I fly without it!!!
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

LOL.

I keep the dot on my Blackbelt hat and never take it off. You want to know how many people come up to me everyday and tell me I have something stuck on my hat?

One of my professors kept looking at me one day and after class she stopped me and said "What is that thing? Its driving me nuts!" So I had to explain it to her. Seeing as how she still uses a typewriter and nothing else, I dont think she understood a word I said.
Kinjari

Post by Kinjari »

Hehe..I read the thread on the IL-2 forum and followed it here, after reading a few reviews on various sites I jumped in and bought one as well

I understand it can be a bit of a bear to get it setup and working smoothly and another week or so of getting used to it but Im very excited about the functionality.

Ive been toying with the idea of building a sim pit with multiple monitors or LED projection but none of those options seemed cost effective for the level of immursion and SA I was hoping for. Im keeping my fingers crossed that this will really 'put me in the cockpit'

Im sure Ill be back posting a bunch of questions but just wanted to say 'Hi!' as well. Looking forward to getting my tracker (hopefully get it in time for the FB release) and getting going!
Axel

Post by Axel »

Kinjari
I had mine a few days now, you're going to love it, trust

It's actually a very good aid to SA and more importantly, it's fun! Thats why were here right?
You really feel like your there, at times you get lost in the sim.

Some of the guys who dont have it on the official IL-2 board are starting to call it cheatIR
That to me sums it up, it really helps your flying and to fight without it against someone with it, you are at a disadvantage. But it's NOT a cheat.

To those over there that do call it cheatIR, i laugh at you, your Mother was a hamster and your Father smells of Elderberries

Axel