Seth-Flight Profile Hot Keys and FSX

ark1320

Seth-Flight Profile Hot Keys and FSX

Post by ark1320 »

I am new to TrackIR5 and FSX, and have been using the Seth-Flight profile (thanks Seth!). One issue I can across was that the hot keys in this profile (F7, F9, and F12) are also used in FSX. F7 is of particular interest because it controls flaps in FSX. If these hot keys are set up to be trapped in TrackIR5, then they are not useable by FSX, even if generated by a joystick controller instead of the keyboard. On the other hand, if they are not trapped in TrackIR5, then they can be used by FSX but will also activate TrackIR5 functions, again even if generated by a joystick instead of the keyboard. It took me awhile to realize that TrackIR5 does not distinguish between the keyboard and flight controllers as far as these hot keys codes are concerned. So I redefined the TrackIR5 hotkeys F7, F9, and F12 to be CNTL+F7, CNTL+F9 and CNTL+12 because these keys are apparently unassigned in FSX.
If my understanding of this hotkey issue is wrong, or there is a better solution, please let me know.
Thx,
Al
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Seth-Flight Profile Hot Keys and FSX

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Al,

I believe Seth created the profile mainly for the Motion Adjustment so customers would have a robust experience using TrackIR with flight sims. The HotKeys were most likely set to default with the assumption customers have there own preference with which hotkey assignment they like to use. The profile is simply for motion, no other settings.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Dustin]The profile is simply for motion, no other settings.[/quote]
Yep. :-)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
ark1320

Post by ark1320 »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Seth][quote=NaturalPoint - Dustin]The profile is simply for motion, no other settings.[/quote]
Yep. :-) [/quote]
Well, with the hot key changes I made I think you could call it the Seth-FSX profile. :) Should also work with X-Plane 10.
Al