TrackIR software 4.2.039 dies in the presence of FSX

David Bevel

TrackIR software 4.2.039 dies in the presence of FSX

Post by David Bevel »

Hi I have done considerable maintenance on my system that was one sick puppy, Lots of crashes and the like. Main reason was to much junk in the Registry and fragmented files. All fixed now and things are much better. A Saitek driver trashed my Windows systems ability to auto boot up to the Windows sign on screen but short of starting over from scratch by reloading Windows and all my installed software that isn't going away. I had removed all the Saitek drivers and software as well to work on a long standing problem with Saitek's BIP flight panel. Got that fixed and decided to tackle flakey issues I had with my TrackIR 4 device in the hopes that issue might have improved. Alas no. It stops responding shortly after I load FSX. Doesn't matter who runs first TrackIR or FSX. It did run once perfectly until FSX locked up. I think that was due to a new airport I installed. Whenever I land there FSX eventually crashes taking the OS with it. I almost made it off the runway last time. :grin: No idea why it worked so well one time but not before or after. Truth be told Track IR has had a spotty record for me since WIN XP and FS2004. Any ideas folks.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: TrackIR software 4.2.039 dies in the presence of FSX

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hello,

Have you tried with just the TrackIR and no Saitek devices installed? Could I have your system specs?

Best Regards,

-Dustin
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav