Boot TrackIR First THEN Boot IL2FB

BPO6_GoldenWing

Boot TrackIR First THEN Boot IL2FB

Post by BPO6_GoldenWing »

I don't know why, but I could not get the "Enhanced" or "Absolute" mode to work inside IL2FB as long as I booted IL2FB first.

(I was doing this because, before the 2.11 s/w update, if I booted TrackIR first, then IL2FB, my computer locked up EVERY time!)

With 2.11 I was able to boot TrackIR first and then IL2FB without a "lockup." Guys, this is important, because my experience was that TrackIR "appeared" to operate, but AT A MUCH DEGRADED STATE! I was about ready to ditch it!

BOOT TRACKIR FIRST...THEN IL2FB
BPO6_GoldenWing

Re: Boot TrackIR First THEN Boot IL2FB

Post by BPO6_GoldenWing »

If you're still having problems getting to the enhanced mode, here's something I just learned:

Be careful what type of USB device is plugged in next to your TrackIR Plugin. I just moved my TrackIR USB plugin to a location on the back of my puter shared by no other USB devices. (I have 4 different locations to plugin USB's.)

Previously, my Cougar HOTAS USB was plugged in next to my TrackIR USB and if I loaded TrackIR before IL2FB, my puter locked up!

Gold
Maulkin

Post by Maulkin »

Also remember to shut down the TrackIR software before shutting down the machine as sometimes XP has problems shutting down and/or your TrackIR unit will remain powered (ie all 4 red LED's are still on) even after the machine is off!

tenmmike

Post by tenmmike »

disregard re read your popst bop

[ October 20, 2003, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: tenmmike ]