TrackIR 5 and FSX, AKA To Beat a Dead Horse

Sundiver

TrackIR 5 and FSX, AKA To Beat a Dead Horse

Post by Sundiver »

Hate to beat a dead horse but I'm another user who is suffering from trackir5 now working with FSX, it works beautifully with every other game, including Aces High, X-Plane, the Arma series.

I'm running it and FSX as admin, start trackir, start fsx, no light on the right-hand side of the camera, nor does the trackir control panel blue light come on. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the driver and software several times.

Again the problem /only/ exists in FSX which is of course where I primarily want to use it.
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR 5 and FSX, AKA To Beat a Dead Horse

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello Sundiver,

I both love and hate FSX. There can be some issues when installing and running it, but it is amazing when it works correctly. To me the issue sounds like a problem with simconnect. Are you using any add-ons like OpusFSX or EZDOK? Have you tried updating or repairing the VC 2005 C++ redistributable? I see that you have uninstalled and reinstalled the TrackIR software several times, but have you reinstalled FSX? I will keep looking for other potential fixes, but since TrackIR is working in all other games. It leads me to believe that re-installing FSX would be the best solution.

Best regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager