Solution to Puter Locks Up If TrackIR Started First

BPO6_GoldenWing

Solution to Puter Locks Up If TrackIR Started First

Post by BPO6_GoldenWing »

If I start TrackIR BEFORE IL2FB, my puter locks up/freezes and I must re-boot. If I start IL2FB first, come back to the desktop and start TrackIR, then I am only able to get the mouse emulation mode! If I select enhanced mode in the game by clicking the appropriate function key...TrackIR STOPS WORKING! (I am able to go back to mouse emulation mode, though.) However, this is a much degraded operation of TrackIR for me.

I am unable to get access to the enhanced mode in IL2FB!!!

The bummer is that everything worked fine for the last two weeks after I updated to s/w 2.11, but now...NO ENHANCED MODE. I have changed nothing!

Any ideas?

~S! Gold

[ September 07, 2003, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: BoP_GoldenWing ]
BPO6_GoldenWing

Re: Solution to Puter Locks Up If TrackIR Started First

Am I the only person with this problem???

AMD 3000
A7V333
1024m DDR RAM
GeForce4 Ti4600
BPO6_GoldenWing

Thanks, Halsted, for the response!

I have several USB items plugged into my computer, but these are not on an EXTERNAL USB hub. I have multiple USB plugs on my puter. I'm not sure how they connect to the MB. (by card or direct...is there such a thing as an internal hub???)

Rudder controller (CH Pro Pedals USB), printer, Cougar HOTAS, are a few that come to mind.

I think Charlie mentioned in another string that his brother ran into a similar problem.

What's weird is that it worked like a champ for the last two weeks, after I d/l'ed 2.11!! I have changed nothing. Go figure!

My next move is to uninstall and plug into another USB plug at top of my puter. Hopefully, this is just a peculiarity of my system.

Gold
Halstead York

Post by Halstead York »

Other people may have the issue, but you're the first that I've heared of. Just to check, do you have anything else plucgged into the same USB hub that the trackIR is plugged into?
BPO6_GoldenWing

I uninstalled s/w update 2.11 and reinstalled it.

I then moved the TrackIR USB plug to a plugin on the back of my puter that was shared by no other USB device. (Previously, when I had lockup problems, my Cougar HOTAS USB was plugged in next to TrackIR on back of my puter.)

I can now start TrackIR first then start IL2FB WITH NO PROBLEMS NOW! Also, I have the "enhanced" mode available.

Gold
sparro

Post by sparro »

same.... tried another USB.... a USB 1 not a USB 2 and it seems happier now.