Darkfield Alpha now has TrackIR support

skyworxx

Darkfield Alpha now has TrackIR support

Post by skyworxx »

Hi,

I am one of the devs of Darkfield VR, a space dogfighting game for Oculus Rift. It is has been designed for Oculus Rift, however, we understand that not many people are having a dev kit right now. One of our backers suggested that we should include TrackIR support, and so we did in our latest alpha ;).

www.Darkfield-Alpha.com

You can seen the head movements in this trailer video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaVPyhBhRSY

The support is experimental, since we do not own a TrackIR setup. For testing purposed, we used FaceTrack Noir and it worked quite well.

Currently, we recommend to disable the z-axis, since you can quite easily get your head stuck in the seats or cockpit walls.
Seth Steiling

Re: Darkfield Alpha now has TrackIR support

Post by Seth Steiling »

Thanks for the head's up! If you contact me at marketing@naturalpoint.com, I'd be happy to set you up with a test unit, as well as providing any other assistance you might require.

- Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
skyworxx

Post by skyworxx »

It has been a while, but Darkfield is nor finally available on Kickstarter :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vrbits/darkfieldvr

We fully support TrackIR in our game and our free Kickstarter Prototype. The downliad link is on our Kickstarter page, feel free to give it a go :)

And I'd like to thank Naturalpoint for providing two TrackIR units :). This is great support and so far the most generous gesture we have seen from a hardware manufacturer :).
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Thank you for supporting us in your game. I can't wait to test it out!
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager