trackIR motion speed

jonass

trackIR motion speed

Post by jonass »

Hi all!

I'm using Hunter's IL-2 config and trackIR works great after i made my own dot. It tracks really nice and works great ingame. However... the speed of the tracking is to high and the deadzone to small. Even the smallest movement is tracked and reflected ingame.

So what i want to do is to lower the speed of the tracking abit aswell as increase the deadzone some. The problem is that i can't get it to do that. My speedbar under Motion is at 0 and i can't find any input to change the size of the deadzone.

I'd really appreciate som help from you TrackIR masters regarding this.
jonass

Re: trackIR motion speed

Post by jonass »

Got it on my own guys. Use the Edit Point under Motion to increase or decrease the speed of the X and Y axis depending on it's position from the center. I just lowered the speed a few steps for every click on Edit Point to flatten out the speed curve. To increase the deadzone just make speed 0 further out from the center.

Cheers!
Reinhard

Post by Reinhard »

That's it, Jagr!

Unfortunately the manual is a horror.

Nobody tells you that the settings are saved automatically by simply moving the speed slider.

Windows users (as most of us are) expect a "save" button after adjusting a certain speed to an edit point...

No idea why it is not explained...

Greets Reinhard
Halstead York

Post by Halstead York »

We are always working to make our documentation better. As one of the authors of the manual, I can promise you that your suggestions will make it into the next revision.
Thunderbolt56

Post by Thunderbolt56 »

Like Jagr, I've finally got my TrackIR working well (made my own reflective "dot" also) and I'd like to slow down the tracking speed too. However, I can't seem to figure out exactly how to do it. Even after reading his description of his solution.

Any suggestions?
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Go to your motion window.

On the right hand side, right in the middle, you may or may not see some slider bars. If you do not see any, but you see "Click Here To Customize" click that. A slider will appear.

There will be a radio button there as well that reads "Group Edit Points". Make sure that is UNCHECKED.

You should see two sliders, one for speed and one for edit point.

Move the edit point up and down and you will see these little yellow arrows on the tracking window itself move around. Wherever those yellow triangles are, when you adjust the speed slider, that is the speed at that point that your adjusting.

So, for a nice deadzone, set edit points 0 through 5 to 0. Then, all the points above 5, slowly move them up so that you have a nice little curve on the tracking windows.

You can uncheck the X<>Y button as well. When it is checked, any speed change you make is done to both the X and Y axis. When it is unchecked, you can adjust the speed for one or the other individually.

Play around with this a bit and you will get the hang of it. It just takes a few minutes of clicking and testing to understand how it all ties together.
Thunderbolt56

Post by Thunderbolt56 »

Thanks Charlie. I'll give it a shot tonight.
Charlie251

Post by Charlie251 »

Rgr.

If you have any questions, just ask. Try to make them as specific as possible though so I can recreate your problem / question here and give the best possible solution.
GOZR

Post by GOZR »

Hi The track ir 2 still too fast even at 0, the mouse emulation is almost good but the track way fast. is there a way to change that? Getting the air sick

Thank you
GOZR

Post by GOZR »

OK oK got it the edit point can setup the speed on different points of the graph..

AWEsome it touk me some time to figure it out and now it's awesome .. Smooth

Maybe it could be great to montionate