The center button doesn't work

Prion

The center button doesn't work

Post by Prion »

I can't center the views in IL2 (not FB) using mouse emulation. I can outside the game, e.g. on the desktop, but it doesnt work in game. I have tried assigning F12 and Scroll lock as hotkeys neither of which seems to be occupied by the game itself, but it doesn't work (I think I am beginning to repeat myself).
The rest of the hotkeys (precision mode, disable) work fine, however.

Am I making a mistake or is something wrong with my unit?
Halstead York

Re: The center button doesn't work

Post by Halstead York »

The re-center feature only works with trackIR Enhanced titles like Il-2FB. This capability is not possible in mouse emulation mode.
Nodak01

Post by Nodak01 »

Use the ingame look forward or snap to center view within the game. You can bind both those keys to one character on the keyboard, one is the pan view, the other snap view so they will share a common key. Than set your TIR unit to use the same key in it's software app, now your set. Once you press that key it centers the mouse when in curser mode, and in game it snaps the view front and center.
Thunderbolt56

Post by Thunderbolt56 »

o.k. Just an update. I wasn't really able to "slow" down the panning speed, but i did widen the dead zone slightly and just played using it for a few hours.

I went from using it almost never with the stock dots, to using it about half the time using a home-made reflective ball device like others have done, to using it full time and feeling like I'm handicapped if I don't have it on!

Get some decent settings, get used to it...and WOW!
Prion

Post by Prion »

Sorry, been without computer for a while, but I appreciate your help nonetheless, folks. Thanks and back to flying!
Prion