Effect of FSX Camera parameter with TrackIR 5

GrandpaKim

Effect of FSX Camera parameter with TrackIR 5

Post by GrandpaKim »

It looks to me like the zoom level, the x,y and z coordinates and the pbh angles are reflected in the start (center) position of TIR 5, which leads me to believe other parameters may also be continued.

For instance, I've put a value in for PanAcceleratorTime. This allows panning to start slowly and accelerate to full speed over a period of time. Would this also be carried over? If so, it would cause and unexpected lag between your head movements and the screen view.

So, basically which parameters from my FSX camera are used by TIR?
MikeWitham

Re: Effect of FSX Camera parameter with TrackIR 5

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello GrandpaKim,

I apologize for the delay in my response, but I wanted some time to look into this. The default location of the camera position is found in each plane's config file. The config file dictates the starting position for the camera in FSX. I do not know if PanAcceleratorTime will cause a lag between TrackIR and FSX. I would love to know what it does in your experience. Please keep me updated.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
GrandpaKim

Post by GrandpaKim »

Thanks Mike! I will keep an eye on it.

So far it looks like PanAcceleratorTime is disabled by TIR. Althought it looks like Precision mode does something similar. I will take a look at my cfg and see if there are other settings that might influence it.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

GrandpaKim,

Thanks for the update. Keep me in the loop about what you find.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager