Space Engineers

Shini_Otoba

Space Engineers

Post by Shini_Otoba »

"Space Engineers is a sandbox game about engineering, construction and maintenance of space works. Players build space ships and space stations of various sizes and utilization (civil and military), pilot ships and perform asteroid mining"

I am not sure if you support alpha games but could you have a chat with the developer of Space Engineers?

The game already has 3D cockpits and the ability to pitch and yaw your view by holding down the ALT key in all view modes, cockpit, first person, third person and outside cockpits.

TrackIR support would be greatly appreciated as spacial awareness is critical when maneuvering ships through mines and during combat/landing.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/244850/
MikeWitham

Re: Space Engineers

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello Shini_Otoba,

I wish it were up to us, because we would be in many more games. I would suggest talking to the Devs at Milestone. The decision is ultimately up to them and the user base would have a larger impact on them than we would here. Having said that, I will still attempt to reach out to the Dev team and offer whatever assistance I can.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Shini_Otoba

Post by Shini_Otoba »

MikeWitham wrote:Hello Shini_Otoba,

I wish it were up to us, because we would be in many more games. I would suggest talking to the Devs at Milestone. The decision is ultimately up to them and the user base would have a larger impact on them than we would here. Having said that, I will still attempt to reach out to the Dev team and offer whatever assistance I can.
I saw a thread about head tracking in their boards and the general consensus was "is there enough people to make it worth while" So maybe hint towards how many people have bought trackIR and the fact that you advertise TrackIR enabled games on your site, even if that hints towards an extra 100-200 players would be more then enough to make implementing it worth it, especially that you guys have done most of the work with the SDK already.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Shini_Otoba,

I'll contact them letting them know that some fans are reaching out asking about us. I would advise getting as many people that play that would want TrackIR and start a thread on their forums. You as the player will have a much larger impact on them than I will. I'm glad to know we are on their radar as well though!

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager