Frame Rates Dropping in game

609IAP_Recon

Re: Frame Rates Dropping in game

Post by 609IAP_Recon »

I've just read this entire thread, I'm very interested to see how to best configure this device, I look forward to hearing if there is fix soon
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

We are testing this now with our new software.
BM457_Hellbender

Post by BM457_Hellbender »

After a few days of seamless flying, I had it happen again, unfortunately.

I was playing on HyperLobby, and my frames just dropped all of a sudden. Switched to Mouse Emu-mode, and frames went back up. After a while, I decided to give it another go and turned Enhanced mode back on. Still no joy. Anyway, I kept switching back and forth a couple of times and I actually got my framerate back, all of a sudden. Couple minutes later, it went away just as quickly as it had returned.

I'm also using the High-priority trick, so I suppose I'm already eliminating most of the issue. Note that this occured on a fog-heavy map.
BM357_TinMan

Post by BM357_TinMan »

Man,

I hope you guys get this sorted out so if it ever happens to me, I'll know what to do.

Sounds like an absolute nightmare.
Murph50

Post by Murph50 »

I have been having this happen to me a lot lately and it's driving me nuts.
I'm using TIr3 Pro,with the latest version of the software, my card is a 6800GToc.
10-20 min. into a mission I start getting stutters and then pauses with severe frame rate drops, some of them long enough to get me "killed" (5-10 seconds long).
I have'nt yet tried the priority change trick, but it looks like it's not really fixing things anyways.
I do notice much longer response time when exiting the game after this happens, as if the game does'nt want to relinquish control of the PC, as if it's hogging all the resourses.
My PC is and AMD 64-3000/ASUS K8V MB/ 2x512 Corsair XMS 3200 RAM/ SBLive! sound card/ BFG 6800GT OC vidcard.
The problems are much more pronounced since installing Pacific Fighters.

[ December 30, 2004, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: Murph50 ]
BM457_Hellbender

Post by BM457_Hellbender »

That which seems to somehow lessen the problem for me is setting the thread priority for NaturalPoint.exe to Normal in task manager. Still no real cure, though. I also had it happening offline for the first time ever.
Coastie

Post by Coastie »

I am chiming in here to let the support team know that I also have this problem. I have started a thread at the UBI PF forums HERE.

I have a Soltek 75FRN-L mobo with Nforce2 Ultra 400 chipset, ATI 9800 using CAT 4.12's and TIR2 using 3.13 software. I also have a gig of PC3200 ram and AMD2800+. OS is WinXP home. I run Adaware, Spybot S&D, AVG antivirus and Zone alarm. I keep a very clean system. I am a Beta tester for ATI also.

My Problem occurs exactly as Sparx explains. Prolonged periods on same map and FPS will drop to half. Turn off TIR and FPS go to normal. Also a new map or restarting game will reset it to normal.

I Have used the GC command with no joy.

Hope this gets figured out.

Thanks
Murph50

Post by Murph50 »

I don't think what I'm experiencing is exactly like what you're describing Coastie.
I am getting screen freezes and stutters after only about 15 mins. on certain of the Pacific maps.
Rather than a prolonged drop in FR, mine is "spiking" ,dropping from 60-70 FPS to 10 or less for a few seconds, or freezing entirely. After the freeze I will find myself crashed or in a different place than before the freeze, as if I've been in a time warp and the action has moved on without me.
I should add that this is happening while playing co-op missions as single missions. I do have cable internet, though, so I don't think it's lag, especially when it always happens about the same length of time into the mission.
If we are in fact having the same problem, I don't think it's video card related, since mine is an Nvidea 6800GT and you're using an ATI card.
Also, my TrackIr is the TiR3 pro with the version 4 software.

[ January 02, 2005, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Murph50 ]
Takata

Post by Takata »

Guys, I got the very same problem from Pacific Fighers release... and I'm not using TrackIR.

After playing for some time online, I got this slide show effect, FPS drops to very very low level, RAM is saturated and my 4096 Mo Pagefile will even be full at some point. (I experienced one crash in SparX server yersterday for this reason).

I'm using New-View and my hat switch is dying because of so many slow down using my views.

When my view system is slowing down, the game start to be in real trouble and I don't even need to look at my fps rate, it's very low. The drop could reach 70+ fps (from 75 to 5). Next, the game crash most of the time.

Before this happen, my game will have more and more pauses. Off-line game runs smouth, but I never tried to play offline as long as I can play online (for several hours).

For what I read before, It doesn't look to be TrackIR related because it looks like my own problem. It started with PF release, even if I noticed strange FB behavior with AEP also.

Before PF, I had a lot of Java related (jvm.dll) crashes. I uninstalled Microsoft Java and it looks like it fixed most of it (Sun and MS Java can interfere at some point).

Modifying FB folder Java files with updated ones is not recommended by Oleg (more bugs), I did it but I had other troubles.

I noticed Sound and USB issues too, but most of the problem looks to be about PF Memory management. (Maybe related with NForce 2 chipset?!?)

System:
Asus A7N8X
AMD 3000+
1 Gb RAM (Infineon)
Asus 9950 (Nvidia 5900)
Mb sound
Windows XP sp2
Coastie

Post by Coastie »

Tokata, Thats all fine and dandy, But how can you explain that when we disable TIR, the game returns to normal fps with no problems?

I have always used sun java because it works for me. However, I have NEVER did any of the in game java file changes. This will cause major problems.

It sounds to me like you are having the probs with the Nvidea drivers that many are reporting with major spikes in fps. Maybe even an overheating issue with the card. Have you tried underclocking the card? This has worked for a few people.

I am not saying there is no problem with PF. I believe there may be. But, I do believe this particular problem is directly related to the TIR somehow.

I have recently installed fresh 3,13 drivers and I removed the "linda Blair view" registry tweak. I am going to test this tonight.