Frame Rates Dropping in game

VincentG

Re: Frame Rates Dropping in game

Post by VincentG »

Good Tips, SPaRX, and you are correct as to a testing software from Natural Point. We really do not have any, for external use.

zBig, really the best resolution is to test it on another system, that way we can try and isolate the issue to TrackIR or system related.
zBIG

Post by zBIG »

Hallo again,

I have tested my TIR unit on another computer. It looks much better. I had some problems with switching the IR LEDs on and off, but it worked. Although I tested it only with Silent Wings, I couldnt see any framerate drop, so I assume the TIR unit is ok. It must be my computer then.
I guess Ill download the SDK and play a little bit with programming this baby instead of using it in games first. As far as I unerstood one can use the OptiTrack SDK with TIR camera. Ill give it a try.

Thanks for your help / opinions. Keep up the good work.
VFS-22_SPaRX

Post by VFS-22_SPaRX »

Sorry to hear about it not playing well with your PC. I still suggest that you try a USB addon Card. You can get a pretty decent card for around $30 US. While most motherboards USB controllers are passable, addon cards are typically much better. And it can be moved to your upgrade machine in the future, so its not a waste of money. I myself run and USB card and do not use my onboard USB ports.

SPaRX
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Some people have good luck with a powered hub as well.
zBIG

Post by zBIG »

I have noticed some other strange behaviour of my TIR unit, more to that under http://forums.naturalpoint.com/cgi-bin/ ... 5;t=000266

I just sent the my TIR unit back to the distributor. I hope that both issues will be solved when I get my replacement.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

OK, let us know, when you get the replacement unit.