Trim with trackIR

Peccator

Trim with trackIR

Post by Peccator »

I was cruising around on the UBI forums and noticed a couple of old posts that clamied that they were using trackIr to control their plane's trim settings. Was this a joke? If not how does it work?

BTW, if a forum adim sees this post, I'm writting it and can't see what I'm writting. I have my default windows background color for these boxes set to black. APparantly your page is using the default background, but forcing the forground color to be black as well. Thus I'm writting black on black, which is hard to see
Please allows your users to set their own forground colors for these boxes.
TailFlamer

Re: Trim with trackIR

Post by TailFlamer »

Hi

I don't remember reading about this, but I would guess they binded key commands in order to work the trim keys. Though I don't know how they would do that and use TIR for view panning (?).

If someone here doesn't have the answer you seek, maybe you can look up the post you read and PM the authors.

I have to be honest though, I really don't think it would work all that well. I mean for view panning in IL-2 it is wonderful, but for contolling trim tabs, well I have my doubts.

Now I can say that trim control works great on the rotor knobs of an Saitek X-45. I have elevator on one, Rudder on another and ailerons on the hat on the front of the Throttle (using left and right positions to control it. Up and Down I use for flaps).

Anyway, I guess you could give it a try, but I don't think it will work very well for trim. I could be missing something though and it may very well prove to be useful.

Best of luck
Sulky

Re: Trim with trackIR

Post by Sulky »

They werent saying that the Hat free'd up by TIR was then used for trim, were they?
Sulk'