External Views

Antonio_M

External Views

Post by Antonio_M »

I just tried Track IR PRO on IL2-Pacific Fighters and it is just great for the cockpit views, but for external view I still prefer using the mouse.

Is there a simple way to disable Track IR Pro for external views?

Thanks
Antonio
Skids

Re: External Views

Post by Skids »

I too would like to do this. Although it would not be ideal would turning it off with the hotkey do the trick?
If so you could set F2 to be the disable hotkey and have it to pass through the external view command as normal.

I will try this when I get home.
Antonio_M

Post by Antonio_M »

quote:Originally posted by Skids:
I too would like to do this. Although it would not be ideal would turning it off with the hotkey do the trick?
If so you could set F2 to be the disable hotkey and have it to pass through the external view command as normal.

I will try this when I get home.Problem is that when you hit F1 to switch to cockpit view again, Track-IR Pro remains disabled...

The problem is that the disable key is a Toggle.
If we had an Enable key and a Disable key (as two different keys) this would work because F1(cockpit view) would be the Enable Key and F2 (External View) would be the Disable Key...

Maybe this request can be sent to the people developing the Track IR software?...

Antonio
Barred

Post by Barred »

Guys you Pause TIR, the default is F9 but you can assign any key to it. At the moment it is not possible to assign a button on a joystick unless you are using a Keymapper or the game has one built in (like GTR).
rijnton

Post by rijnton »

Like Barred said, that's the way to go imo.
I assigned one of directions of one of the hat switches on my Saitek X45 to F9 and use that when I need external view. Then I can use the other hat switch for looking around. When I want TIR again I hit the same switch again.