Lockups make FB/PF unplayable

Dragon66

Lockups make FB/PF unplayable

Post by Dragon66 »

My pc has not been able to run FB/PF with trackir since I upgraded from trackir 1 to trackir 3 pro with VE addon.

This problem has rendered both FB/PF and the trackir 3 pro unit usless. The pc will not run the combination for anything longer than 5-10 minutes without resulting in one of multiple types of lock-ups/crashes. The problem has been very difficult to troubleshoot, and very persistent no matter what I have tried.

Troubleshooting steps have included:

Thorough cleaning of the entire case and all heatsinks and fan units.
Installation of an additional 2 case fans.
Installation of VGA Silencer unit on radeon 9800 pro all in wonder display adapter.
Upgrade from generic 450w power supply to Ultra Systems 600w psu.
Tested memory and upgraded to 1gb (2x512mb kingston dual chanl ddr 3200 (400mhz).
Complete format and re-install of winxp pro.
download and installation of newest drivers for all hardware, along with Dx9c.

After all this I decided to test the application without the trackir unit running, and viola! The system was rock solid and would probably have run FB/PF for an indefinate time period, had I not decided to quit out of the program so I could post this message. I ran the program for at least an hour and a half just to be sure.

I need help with this problem and will be seeking it from trackir tech support, but I thought I would post here first as it might help others who are experiencing similar problems.

Any help anyone here can offer would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dragon66 out.
Dragon66

Re: Lockups make FB/PF unplayable

Post by Dragon66 »

P.S.

My trackIR 3 Pro serial # is 25256.

Thanks again.

Dragon66 out.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Dragon66,

Its very unusual for TrackIR to crash a system.
Lets take a look at what the cause may be...

You say that TrackIR1 was connected before you installed the newer 4.0 software. Was your TrackIR1 connected via hub? If you connected the TrackIR3 to the same hub the power requirements may not be met to power the new unit. Connect directly to your motherboard.

Do you have the opportunity to test the unit on another computer so that we can check the status of the unit?

Please let me know about the above.
Travis

Post by Travis »

Check your windows service log thing shortly after the crash.. Do you see a wauclt.dll (or something similar) being accessed right before you crashed?
Dragon66

Post by Dragon66 »

Wayne, thanks for the info... I spoke with you on the phone last week.

Since then I have uninstalled all usb devices from device manager, and removed all registry entries for usb and trackir, natualpoint, ch, HID, etc. Then I reinstalled all usb devices beginning with the trackir unit (tir on an internal usb addon card).

I am still getting frequent lock-ups and crashes. Here is the body of the event 1000 msg from the aplication page of event viewer immideately following the last crash (which took down the trackir unit and left FB/PF running):

Faulting application trackir.exe, version 4.0.21.0, faulting module trackir.exe, version 4.0.21.0, fault address 0x00047ade.

As above Im running the non-beta 4.21 ver of trackir software and have VE activated.

Thanks for all your help,

Dragon66.