HELPPP!!!!

taipan

HELPPP!!!!

Post by taipan »

I am running TrackIR 4.0.22 and it works fine in "test" mode but when I run FB+PF...nothing! I've checked my config.ini file & TRACK IR is set to 1. Can anyone help PLEEEAAAASSSSE?

I've made a little progress since yesterday but......

As I said, it works fine in test, but in IL2/FB/PF it now leaps about at random every couple of seconds. The green LED goes on & off at random. On the trackIR front page it says that my current game is NONE no matter what I try.

Please somebody, anybody put me out of my misery - I'm pulling my hair out here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ March 31, 2005, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: taipan ]
Wayne

Re: HELPPP!!!!

Post by Wayne »

taipan,

Okay lets see what we can do....

We have a new build out so let us download that first. You want v4.0.024.
Uninstall everything that you have installed for NaturalPoint, and delete the NaturalPoint folder prior to any new re-install. Do not save any of your profiles so that you can start completly with a fresh install.

If the view is leaping around check in your tracking window and confirm that the camera is not attempting to track something else other than the Vector clip. You should only see three green tracking objects in the Window, if you see anything else try tracking down what these are.

Let me know how you get on.
Barred

Post by Barred »

To add to what Wayne has sugested, make sure that your scannor is moving on the top of your monitor. I had it go totally wiered and it turned out the scannor had moved and I had not checked that before pulling out cables ect.
as50215

Post by as50215 »

Whats TrackIR excuse my ignorance
taipan

Post by taipan »

Scooter, TrackIR is a piece of hardware that monitors your head position & changes your point of view on the screen accordingly. You can read more at:-

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/
Barred

Post by Barred »

I looked at the date of Scooters post
taipan

Post by taipan »

Wayne,
No joy I'm afraid. It is exactly the same as before. It works BEAUTIFULLY in "TEST" mode. The green LED remains ON all the time, but in FB/PF, the green LED is off more than it is on & the view leaps about at random every few seconds.

I'm now running v4.0.0.24. with

The tracking, heads & gauges all respond correctly with no detection of other light sources.

Do I need to change any settings in my FB config.ini file?

I'm using the Vector Expansion & I've tried both VECTOR & DOT detection with exactly the same results.
taipan

Post by taipan »

Wayne,
Cracked it!!!!! Happy Smiling face ('though a bit red).

I use PowerStrip to overclock my graphics card & I had checked a box to "boost the processes priority" to try to obtain that little extra ooomph.

This was obviously depriving my TrackIR of processing time & after unchecking the box......NIRVANA. Thanks a million for your time & trouble - sorry for the hassle.

Best regards,

Taipan