Original Il-2 Sturmovik?

pepper

Original Il-2 Sturmovik?

Post by pepper »

Is there any way i can use the TrackIR3 pro in the original il2, because i still play this game from time to time deu to the lack of me having the aces expansion. Should i download a special profile ore something?
Simmer

Re: Original Il-2 Sturmovik?

Post by Simmer »

Hi Guys,
I'm also having problems with IL2.

I recently purchased TrackIR3 pro with vector expansion. After following the simple installation, i've enjoyed hours of fantastic, trouble free, 6dof flying with MS Flight Sim 2004.

I also just added a set of CH pedals and received a copy of IL2 Sturmovic with the pedals.

No matter what I do, I can't seem to get IL2 to recognize the TrackIR. I've tried every setting I can imagine, but no luck.

Single dot, Track Hat, Every profile available....ect..

I upgraded to the 4.1.025 beta software, but that hasn't helped either.

The only thing i can come up with, is that the mouse controls the cockpit views by default. Do I have to disable this to allow TrackerIR to work or........?

Hope it's just a simple setting I'm missing somewhere?

WIN XP
3.2gig 1gig mem
Duel Monitor Mobility Radeon 9600
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick

Thanks for your help
Sim Tim
pepper

Post by pepper »

The original Sturmovik isnt TIR enchanced, on the expansion packs are. But if you use mouse emulation you can work around this problem!
Oskin

Post by Oskin »

Is there any problem if I smoke while I fly?
heheh!
Cas141

Post by Cas141 »

quote:Originally posted by pepper:
The original Sturmovik isnt TIR enchanced, on the expansion packs are. But if you use mouse emulation you can work around this problem!I would be much obliged if someone would spell out what to do exactly ,please.
I have just returned to the original IL-2 , which has brilliant dogfighting and i have trackir 3 pro with vector. I am rightly reminded on the IL-2 forum at simhq that the original game used mouse emulation- the phrase rings a bell in this old memory:)

Can i use that for this game with trackir 3 pro.
It would be nice seeing as how it was the way with trackIR 1 .
But i need some expert to tell me how to do it please

Edit - see the answer in a post from Barred Member who wrote in in the vector expansion forum"Can i use vector expansion as a mouse"
Thanks

[ October 25, 2005, 02:27 AM: Message edited by: Cas141 ]