More dots the better?

WWBrian

More dots the better?

Post by WWBrian »

Greetings all,

I just ordered the TrackIR 3pro and am expecting it to arrive Monday.

Im playing IL2:FB+AEP+PF.

Since this game doesn't support the additional side-of-cowl views that the 6DOF adds, I elected to pass on the Vector expansion.

I understand that with the "3-dot-clip" that the vector expansion adds helps increase stability (smoothness) dramatically.

Can't I just use 3 dots with TIR3pro and get the same stability at 120fps?

I plan on putting one on my mic boom and one on each earpiece. ( I ordered the $3 extra dot pack too )

Or is it that TrackIR 1 and 2 users are seeing this increased smoothness with the Vector expansion?

Thanks for any tips,

-WWBrian

[ April 15, 2005, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: WWBrian ]
BPO6_PANP

Re: More dots the better?

Post by BPO6_PANP »

~S!
Sorry
But you will only be able to use 1 dot or 1 point of reflection without the vector
Even without the 6dof in FB the vector adds quite a bit to the smoothness of tracking

I have vector and have used it both way and the vector is the only way to go
WWBrian

Post by WWBrian »

Ahhhh, oh well...

Thank you PANP for your response. Heh, I kind of thought that my "solution" was a bit too-good-to-be-true. Else, why hasn't everyone else just done that?

None the less, I suspect TrackIR 3 pro to be an exceptional product, and would hope that as a stand alone product without the Vector expansion should still be able to provide a smooth natural experience.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond,

~S!~

-WWBrian
Charvel

Post by Charvel »

It's a bit more than just extra "smoothness". The vector, using an improved algorithm, can "see" your head as a 3D object in space and translate it's position accordingly to the game.

Without Vector, the more the dot travels to the outside the less accurately it can tell what position your facing so the end result is that it's less stable and a bit harder to hold your view still while looking out the sides or back.

Still, if you give yourself a few weeks to get used to TIR3pro without Vector you will have a point of reference later should you wish to get it then.
Haukeye

Post by Haukeye »

Just don't do like I did. I ordered the Trackhat along with my TIRPro, then decided to over the Vector Expansion. Guess what??? The VE comes with a Track Hat! Now I got two hats, which is good, as I've got a dog that loves to destroy my hats if she can get ahold of one.
BTW I'd highly recommend the VE, you won't be sorry.

Haukeye
pepper

Post by pepper »

Really? Dindt you ordered it wrong yourselves then? I dindt get a hat wiht it.
Barred

Post by Barred »

When I ordered mine I had the option of with or without TrackHat.
Haukeye

Post by Haukeye »

quote:Originally posted by pepper:
Really? Dindt you ordered it wrong yourselves then? I dindt get a hat wiht it.I just looked again, it's 44.95 including the hat, no option to order just the vectoring thingy. If you paid 44.95 and didn't get a hat, you might want to talk to them about it.

Haukeye
pepper

Post by pepper »

I paid a little les, i dindt order the hat wiht it.