Limited look up view in IL2/FB/PF

jjohnson24

Limited look up view in IL2/FB/PF

Post by jjohnson24 »

A search of the TIR 3 support forum produced a thread dated June - 2004 wherein several TIR users had requested NP to contact 1C to request that the limitation to the "look up" view, implemented by 1C with the 1st AEP patch, be restored to greater than the 90 degree capability that was previously in the game.
That limitation is still in the game and I find that it destroys the immersion that otherwise accompanies TIR.
I understand that the current 90 degree limitation is an attempt to level the playing field for non-TIR users, in particular during on-line play. I however fly off-line, along with what I'm told is the majority of those who play the game. The 90 degree (straight up) limitation is artifical and takes away from the TIR experience.
Questions to NP: Was the request made to 1C to restore the view and if so, what was the response? Is there a way to address the concerns of the on-line IL2 community without penalizing those in the off-line community who have invested in TIR (3 w/ vector in my case)?
I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.
pepper

Re: Limited look up view in IL2/FB/PF

Post by pepper »

I dont know if they requested such a thing, but i think it would take away realism, if i would be sitting in a chair of lets say, a p-29 i wouldnt be albe to look behind by watching up, it would break my neck.

So you cant do it in-game, and i think it should stay this way.
jjohnson24

Post by jjohnson24 »

You could "look behind" if you were in the vertical and looked straight up. I'm not saying I want to swivel my head 180 degrees in the horizontal (Linda Blair?). All I'm saying is that the vertical limitation should be greater than 90 degrees. It was once, pre AEP. Something around a 100 degree limit would be fine.
777 Burnin AVG

Post by 777 Burnin AVG »

Hey guys,

Oleg has stated that he is not going to change the views in FB-AEP-PF along with not introducing 6DOF. I'm afraid your stuck with the 90 Degrees. 90 Degrees is better than nothing at least! LOL

Jason