Prepar3d "Center" View tilted Up

angelatthetomb

Prepar3d "Center" View tilted Up

Post by angelatthetomb »

I am experiencing a strange TrackIR issue in Prepar3d across all aircraft. The TrackIR "center" view seems to be tilted up about ten degrees, i.e., with TrackIR on in the PMDG 777 as an example, the default VC view shows only the top part of the PFD and way too much of the eyebrow. Disabling TrackIR results in the correct view angle (straight out the windshield, with the full PFD and the top of the yoke showing). As soon as I launch the TrackIR program, though, the view snaps back up. As soon as I quit TrackIR, the view snaps back to the proper tilt. The TrackIR "Center View" button works, but resets to the tilted-up view, meaning I have to tilt my head down for the correct view.

The TrackIR interface shows the centering working properly (the crosshairs are at X,Y = 0,0) but the view in Prepar3d is still tilted up.

Any ideas?
MikeWitham

Re: Prepar3d "Center" View tilted Up

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello angelatthetomb,

I've never heard of this issue happening and can't find anyone else who has either. Does it happen in all planes? When you are in a plane and hit center, it still has a tilt to it?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Captrig

Re: Prepar3d "Center" View tilted Up

Post by Captrig »

Mike, this sounds like one of the situations I run into. I correct it by using the commands in FS9 to reposition the eye point. But it has "snapped back" to the position described by:_____________.
It is not doing that now...I do not recall what I did to correct the situation other than the above.

Trig
Rio Nuevo, AZ