How can view limitation be removed from external view?

DarkBlueMan

How can view limitation be removed from external view?

Post by DarkBlueMan »

Is it possible to have a full 360 degree view using TrackIR3 when in external mode in FB+AEP+PF (4.01m). For some reason the range of motion is the same as if you are still in the pilot seat even though the view is external. This couldn't be considered an exploit because you can get full 360 with the mouse anyway. I find it a little puzzling that there is such a limitation when in external view.

I am aware of the 'viewlimit' registry tweak for version 3.13, which I'm not sure would give full 360 in external, but is there anything that can be done with the current latest version?

Alternatively what driver version would I need to get 'mouse emulation' and would it be be as smooth as enhanced mode (not as smooth I'm guessing)?

Thanks for any advice.
Cheers
DBM

** EDIT **
It appears I may not have the latest driver (I'm at work, can't check) as reading the change log it appears that 'mouse emulation' was added to the latest driver.
If this is the case I will download and install later. Mouse emulation should give me the 360 degree I'm hoping for in external mode.
Sorry for noobidity

[ July 21, 2005, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: DarkBlueMan ]
777 Burnin AVG

Re: How can view limitation be removed from external view?

Post by 777 Burnin AVG »

Hi,

There really isn't much you can do in the new software to increase the range of view in external in FB. It sounds like it is hard coded b Oleg.

Regarding the Mouse Emulation. We have included a new mouse emu.exe that gives you mouse emulation. Look in your TrackIR install directory and look for the TIRMouse.exe. Create a short cut for it and then double click on it after you have started your normal TrackIR software. That will give you mouse emulation.

Jason